P90X Ab Ripper X and Acid Reflux

Options
Does anybody else have trouble with acid reflux from the Ab Ripper X workout? I like the workout but could do without the extra shot of reflux.

Replies

• GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    anybody?
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Would doing it on an empty stomach help?

Sorry, I've never had acid reflux or heartburn,
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would make sure you are at least 1-2 hours after eating. pretty intense workout 349 exercises in 15 minutes. On 2nd round of P90X and AbX been real good. Best of luck!
  • XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    That ab workout is very intense. I would double check your diet and timing with this ab workout.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What are you eating before your workout? I have found that there are some foods that give me heartburn if I eat them before I exercise.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My acid reflux is the result of Crohn's disease & the medicine for the reflux makes me sick to my stomach so I try to only take it if I have to...tonight I had to. I just finished up week 10 of P90X so its been bothering me for a while so I thought I would see if anyone else had the same problem. As far as diet, I don't eat 2 hours before I workout, I don't eat anything mint, chocolate, spicy, or chew gum, I eat 6 small meals a day & I sleep with my head elevated. I'm thinking I'll do Insanity next so hopefully it won't involve a lot of ab work.