Why?!?! Exercise related

Options
I lost 50lbs without exercising at all. So, I thought to myself... hmmmmmm? maybe we should try exercising? Hah! Yeah, that worked out great. I am eating appropriately (TDEE -20%) but nothing is budging? I've lost about 5lbs in the last month, but nothing really in the last two weeks (which is when I started exercising). Why is this a thing? I know I am not the only one this happens too... I just want to know why?? Have I calculated my TDEE wrong? What is the best calculator to use? I used the IIFYM calculator and got 1855 calories to eat after deducting 20%. Is there a better one?

Replies

• clynn84
    clynn84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if exercising is making your muscles sore at all it could be that you have water retention in your muscles to help them heal which nwill cause you to stall, but it will only last for a couple of weeks.. at least that is what I am told.,
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements of yourself? You could be losing inches even if it's not showing up on the scale.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I never lost weight exercising. I looked like I'd lost weight but the more I exercised the more muscle I packed on and my weight wouldn't budge.

But those days passed I gave up exercising regularly and years later I still struggle to get back that habit while all that muscle turned into fat and multiplied.

Exercise and eat right for your health weight is a nice way to gauge progress but ultimately it's just a number and how you feel is much more mportant.