Ummmm, guess who is a single digit NSV (pictures)

Options
Okay, I had a major NSV today when I was out shopping for some work clothes. Wait for it....YES I am officially in a size 8 with a little room to spare. I did a little happy dance in the change room because I have not been in the single digits for over 18 years (high school). The last month my weight loss has been very slow and I was becoming a bit frustrated, but by changing up my running routine and adding some cross training, I realized today that my shape is changing more than I realized. And yes, I am a total cardio bunny and haven't done any strength training, which I know is bad but I needed to find exercises I enjoy. I know weights will help me tone up and they are on my 2013 bucket list, but for right now I am just going to celebrate the single digits.

I haven't updated my weight loss ticker, but as of this morning I officially only have 25lbs more to lose to reach my goal. And for the first time today standing in that change room I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Picture on the left - 270lbs (not my highest), Today's picture on the right - 155lbs (I am lucky I carry my weight well because I am still technically overweight). I am 5'5" for reference.

7a1be710-0233-4c9e-ba01-777d1d5ab9ce_zps7064101e.jpg

Replies

• itwillworknow
    Options
    You look great and sound so upbeat! Keep up the great work! Thanks for posting - it's inspiring.
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You look fantastic!
  • emamun
    emamun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great! Such an inspiration!
  • tinabuggy
    Options
    Nice job....you look great
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing! You should be really proud of your accomplishments! :smile:
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! Good work:)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Very exciting! We started at about the same place and I can only hope to get into single digits soon. Congrats to you on your progress!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    wow beautiful change
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Seeing before and after pictures like yours gives me such a boost and helps me feel like I can do it too. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!
  • craigfinch
    Options
    you look amazing, incredible job by you :-)
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    You are looking great. Single digits. I never thought of making that a goal until now. Thanks for posting. Way to go.
  • dcuevas6235
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow looking good
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    It is so amazing to see how staying the course can work. you are transformed..you look like you are the daughter of the woman in the before picture! Wow! Also hard to think you have 25 more to lose. Inspiring...thanks.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE STUNNING! You not only look better/healthier but you look SO much younger! Single digits is a HUGH accomplishment! Very inspiring!!!
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look wonderful. Very slim and healthy! I am 5'5 too, so this is motivating! I did not start as high, but want to get down to about the same goal.

What's your work out routine? How many calories do you net?

Thanks!!!!!!
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    Wow nice legs too ;)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What a tremendous transformation, beautiful woman!
  • sallystarrfield
    sallystarrfield Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!