p90x vs chalean extreme

Options
Im debating between p90x and chalean extreme...both for the lifting aspets that come along with them.

My gym is too crowded to use weights there...plus i have all the weights and i don't have an excuse if i have to work out at home!

So for people who have tried one, or both...what were your results? Can you suggest which one would be better? I'm not really in it for the cardio portion..i usually go to the gym for the cardio aspect.

Thanks all!!

Replies

• ccolvin19
    ccolvin19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you want just the lifting aspect then Chalean Extreme is probably more for you. P90x is a mix of strength and cardio while Chalean is pretty much all lifting. Les Mills Pump is supposed to be a really good one for weights too but uses a barbell with adjustable weight that you get with the program. I have a challenge group coming up later this month if you want a group to keep you accountable for your workouts! That seems to be everyone's biggest challenge when working out at home...staying with the program! Lol!
    Anyway, if you need support you can friend me and I'd love to help you out!
    By the way...I love Chalene Johnson who leads Chalean Extreme...she is so motivating and encouraging! :-)
  • J_sparkle
    J_sparkle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat and started P90X. However, most workouts are 60min and the Yoga is 90. Just too long for what my current schedule its. And, I'll be honest, I think it was a little much for me and where I am now. I gave it two weeks and have switched to ChaLean Extreme. I like it a lot and workouts are 38-45min. Very doable for me. There are 3 days entirely strength training, 1 day w/ cardio, weights mixed and then a cardio day. There are two rest days every week. I like ChaLean a lot (I did her TurboFire routine, too).

I DO plan on doing p90X when I finish this program. I think I'll be more prepared AND there might be more hours of daylight by then and perhaps it won't 'feel' like such a long workout.