Looking stupid at the gym.

Options
I've felt like Goldilocks lately trying to find the right LA Fitness since I moved. This one is too far, this one is too crowded, this one is full of fat hipsters...

So tonight I gave another one a shot and it has these treadmills that have built in fans. Unaware of this fact I begin to cool down, when suddenly out of no where a gust of wind starts blowing at me and I'm like this
tumblr_m52la0YqCq1rphnz5.gif

then I quickly look around to make sure no one saw.

Anyone else have funny embarrassing moments at the gym?

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Running on a treadmill, I dropped my water bottle. Without even thinking, I turned around to pick it up. I fell right on my butt, and the treadmill pushed me off right onto the floor so I was facing everyone on the ellipticals! It was pretty hilarious.

Otherwise, I probably make an *kitten* out of myself on most days when I use the Swiss ball to do prone jack-knives and ab work. I fall off of it on a somewhat regular basis! :smile:
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Falling off the treadmill is my biggest fear at the gym!
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lol! Hilarious! I've had moments like that. The most memorable was when my gym got new treadmills. These are the kind that u move a lever to start and increase speed. I was used to the kind where u punch the button pad. I kept trying to figure out how to get it going when an old guy in his 70's saw me struggling and showed me how to turn it on. Embarrassing! But at least he said he did the same thing.
  • Aoadames
    Options
    Haha the baby pic is just hilarious
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Lol! Hilarious! I've had moments like that. The most memorable was when my gym got new treadmills. These are the kind that u move a lever to start and increase speed. I was used to the kind where u punch the button pad. I kept trying to figure out how to get it going when an old guy in his 70's saw me struggling and showed me how to turn it on. Embarrassing! But at least he said he did the same thing.

At least he helped you!
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was on a spin bike for the first time ever when the seat fell out from under me and made a loud bang. I obviously didn't do it up tight enough. Luckily I didn't fall off though. Just a lot of people looking at me.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i tripped over the something and knocked over about 350 pounds of weights trying not to fall on my face. then had to pick them all up lol
  • rooztr8
    rooztr8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Crossfit..
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty stupid when I fail on a deadlift...you do all these weird preps and then nothing moves...
  • LoseItToWin
    LoseItToWin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was running on the treadmill one day and lost my footing. Needless to say, I ended up hanging on for life with my arms while my right ankle was being torn open by the belt. I pulled myself up, stopped my treadmill, looked at the guy next to me, and burst out laughing. He asked if I was okay and went back to his workout. I had to stop to tend to my ankle. I have an awful colored marking on my ankle where it happened and me ego was bruised, but I didn't care. I went right back to my workout. I'm sure I'm not the first and positive I won't be the last. It was always my biggest fear, and it happened. It was no big really.
  • cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've had the fan thing happen before too... I've also gona full out pilates instructor on myself and been like grabbing my pelvis trying to align it properly since it doesnt like to be aligned while I was running and got stared at by everyone on the floor and then when i moved over the the bike I was looking down to see my hips and make sure they were staying aligned and I looked up and realized everyone who saw me just thought I was peddling while staring at my crotch... :embarassed:
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I was running the stairs one day with a weight. I went to switch hands with it and ended up dropping a pretty heavy weight down an entire flight of steps. It wasn't only loud but it drew people from all over the gym to check on me because they thought I had fallen :blushing:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I had the barbell lowering ever so slowly downwards onto my chest and was too burnt out to push it up or toss it off. Ended up communicating furiously by facial expressions to some guy to help me out.

We hang out now. Great guy.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    when I was young and dumb more than once i failed a set on bench press and ended up having to roll the bar down my chest and legs. mega fail
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I kicked the girl next to me in kickboxing on accident! She said, "ow, this isn't a partners class.":embarassed:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    when I was young and dumb more than once i failed a set on bench press and ended up having to roll the bar down my chest and legs. mega fail

Ouch... FOR THIS reason, among others, if I do a bench without a spotter, I do it on the Smith Machine with stops activated.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I feel like I always look stupid at the gym. But the good news is everyone else probably feels the same way too. At least that's what I tell myself....
  • RoseAnneDent
    RoseAnneDent Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too lol! :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Ouch! That sounds painful, especially if you have boney hips like me. You could always just twist to one side and let the plates fall off.
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    all these are so funny and several of the same have happened to me. Reading these make me feel like I am not alone. And it lightens up when I can laugh at myself with the ones that see what happens.