Nike+ Kinect Training buddies?

Options
I did the fitness assessment today! I really like it so far! I chose Marie for my trainer and she is very motivational!!
I start my actual training calendar tomorrow and I'm doing 6 days a week! In 4 weeks I'll do my fitness assessment again to see how I"m progressing. One thing I was expecting but didn't see is a place to add my beginning weight. Well, I guess I'll use MFP to measure that portion of my weightloss journey!!

Has anyone else started Nike+ Kinect Training recently? If so, do you wanna be buddies and help motivate each other?

Have an awesome day everyone!!

Replies

• jreed1920
    Options
    I just got it too and have my 1st real workout today. So far I love it! There was definitely a place to add you height and weight during the setup so I am sure you can add it to your profile in the settings menu.

Feel free to add me as a friend here and on Nike+ my ID is Zeta3
  • shocker1974
    shocker1974 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week. And i am liking it so far. The works outs seem to be the right intensity for me so i guess we will have to wait and see. Add me if you like My ID is nachos74
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just got this "game" today for my birthday :) Did my Fitness Assessment and first workout Wednesday (although I might do it tomorrow as well). One question: How did you guys track this on MFP? I didn't see any calorie burn in the game, and there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation between Nike Fuel and calorie burn...
  • vengeance000
    Options
    Got this for me and my wife this week too. But the calories burned at the end of workouts seem a bit wacky. Did a 35 minute workout, and it said I only burned 102 calories, but when I go for a run with Nike+ for 35 minutes I burn over 400 calories. I was definitely the same level of sweaty after the Kinect workout. My wife did a 28 minute workout and it said she only burned 67 calories, which she could've probably also done walking for 10 minutes.

Pretty discouraging to see such a low number, hopefully they get the calories burned more accurate with updates. And Nike did make up their own arbitrary calorie system in NikeFuel to make you feel better.
  • slptanya
    slptanya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    runningindigo - it asked me for my weight, height, DOB and sex at the very beginning. You can probably find it in settings somewhere cuz I would assume you input any major changes to your weight. Possibly at your next fitness challenge?

I very much like it so far - it even noticed I had better strength/ROM on one side and plans to correct it somehow. Start my workouts tomorrow.

vengeance000 - not happy to hear that about calories. Maybe just input into myfitnesspal what you believe your calories burned was based on how high you thought your heart rate was throughout most of it? Strength training days would burn less than cardio days. Once I've started my workouts I'm curious to see what it says.
  • Fatface9191
    Options
    Dogeball91..I'm on session 3...done ll session over all (5 minute sessions)
  • Fatface9191
    Options
    Tell me about it..I'm grasping for air,panting out of my mind after a session and its 60 calories????!!!! BULLLLL! LOL..i still like it,but I don't pay attention to the calories anymore
  • slptanya
    slptanya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, I hear ya on the calories now. I check my heartbeat at the little rest times and it's usually about 150 bpm so I calculate my cal based on that. It probably assumes athlete heart rate while you're getting athlete fit haha. Probably in a year they'll be the right number of cals.
  • Sweetiekat54
    Sweetiekat54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just did our assessments tonight and I think it will definitely be helpful. I have a hard time thinking that I would only burn 110 or so calories in a 30-minute workout. I do think it matters that you get your heart rate up and that will help burn the fat and calories. Please add me if you like, thanks! :)
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I started it a couple weeks ago, but since I already do cardio, I'm using it primarily for strength (took me a bit to figure out how to do that through the Quick Start program). I'm using it 2-3 times per week and would welcome friends who are also using it, especially for strength training.
  • ryan57ford
    ryan57ford Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have got it, and I would like to add some friends on there... I can't really seem to find much of a community for it so far... if anyone wants to add me my Xbox gamertag is Ryan57ford
  • ryan57ford
    ryan57ford Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Curious, have you done anymore looking into the calories on it? I ask because I have always thought it seemed a bit low, and today I bought a heartrate monitor, and the app that tracks my heart rate and the kinect were wayyyy different in calories... Kinect said about 110, my monitor said closer to 350 after a 30 min cardio workout...so I was on here trying to see if others were getting the same results
  • MoniCharles
    MoniCharles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of 4 on my first round of the Nike+ Kinect Training program, so far so good. I make it a point to try to beat my "personal bests" each time and can tell I'm doing it more often now.
    About the calories, I think it measures from the kinect sensor... which is real wacky and inaccurate most of the time especially if you're not in a very wide space. The tracking gets thrown off frequently, I find myself having to recalibrate often.
    Add me if you're looking for new buddies: MoniMonsterX
  • dajo
    dajo Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on week 1 of my second round. I have really enjoyed Nike+ Kinect Training. My only complaints are that there could be a little more variability of the exercises within each round, although this second round has been interesting, and I don't like the fact that you can workout with other people via Xbox Live but you can't workout with people in the same room as you.

I lost 5 lbs using this as my main exercise regimen during the first 4 weeks (round 1). My program consisted of 3-4 workouts per week. This time around, I am shooting for 5 workouts per week and I am adding other strength training exercises.

In terms of the number of calories burned, Nike+ Kinect Training is very inaccurate. I always wear a heart rate monitor during my exercise and the number of calories I burn is usually between between 350 - 450 for a high intensity 35-45 minute session. If you are like me, the amount of sweat produced when you do the sessions correctly is the big clue that you are probably burning more calories than the low number reported by the game.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was about to start doing this as well, and have found the calories burned on some of the games to be off.

I mean I did dancing on Dance Central 3 for 45 minutes and only burned 60 calories? I can burn twice that in 30 minutes of walking!

If anyone wants to friend me on here or on Xbox, feel free, my handle is Crimsonglory613.
  • MissJJ74
    Options
    Just did my assessment tonight. According to the Kinect I burned 72 calories in the 30 mins assessment. I think that's likely yo be way off. I'm not as bad as I thought I would be, but it did make me realize how much strength and balance I lost in my legs dealing with osteoarthritis. I was barely able to do the one legged squats without falling over.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The calorie burn on both Nike Kinect and Dance Central 3 is off. Both use the Kinect sensor to track calorie burn and it's not accurate.

I am still doing Nike Kinect, but I find it extremely buggy. Sometimes when I go to do my workout it says I already did it and won't let me do it. And when I look at my schedule it shows I earned 0 Nike Fuel for the workout (obviously I didn't do it LOL). And then a few days ago it randomly decided to make me start over and the only option was to Create a new Program. Pretty frustrating!

I usually burn around 200 calories, but I only do the minimum session, I don't go for another round because I am also doing Body Revolution and I don't want to overtrain.

My xbox things is SmokyMonk65473.
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    Just starting the Nike Kinect Training week 1 Tonight. I am doing it 4 times a week with 2 mile runs on the oposite days. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • MissJJ74
    Options
    Yeah I think I need to get a heart rate monitor or just hold out for the FitBit Flex. I just let MFP calculate the calories, and enter the dancing games as Dancing, general and the Nike+ Kinect as calisthenics, since that's basically what it is.

I just finished Week 1 and only working out 3 days a week with it because I hit the gym close to every other day.
  • monie51
    monie51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I completed one round of the Nike Kinect Training and I must say that I was really impression with my improvement, although small. I didn't really see any weightloss but i did increase my stamina. When it came time to do round two I quit after a week because the workouts where starting to get very boring and the same.

Honestly I quit sall workouts for about tewo months and I have now decided to restart and man am I sore. If anyone is interested please add me my gamertag is Twitchycloud558