Newbie... long way to go.

Options
I'm Ashley. I'm 21, vegetarian, and 340 lbs... I've been big all my life. I've been off and on diets all my life too... I usually get really excited at first but after the first 10 lbs, I just kinda give up. That's why I was really glad to find this site. Hopefully with more support, I can keep going this time. I'm so sick of being fat. It's like a handicap. I can't ride a lot of roller coasters, haha.

Replies

• miriambeal
    miriambeal Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a long way to go too, stick with it! We can do it together!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You will find the support you are looking for here on this site. Welcome. Fell free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • treehugger88
    treehugger88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Thanks. :)
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was just over 300 lbs when I started, and 6 months later I've lost 52 pounds! You just gotta keep with it. Good luck:)
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything. This site is great and I've had so much support from many different people. Add me as a friend if you want to. :)
  • lacaution23
    Options
    Just stick with it. I talked to my nutrionist about how i would fall off the bandwagon and gain back all the weight I've lost. She introduced me to this site and told me to focus on doing right at least 80% of the time. This seems to be working for me. I follow the plan she gave me and I don't feel deprived (I would be happy to share the plan if you want to give it a try, just send me a message). I can easily lose 8 lbs a week giving up carbs and starches, but i'm not happy doing that. Do what works for you and stay around positive people. You can do it and you don't have to do it fast. My initial goal was 3 lbs a month. People thought that was too low but it worked for me. Now that I'm more committed, I've increased my goal to 5 lbs a month and I'm giving myself 2 years to reach my goal. The support is here for you. Good Luck!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE ! EVERYONE IS REALLY NICE AND IT'S NICE TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE! GOODLUCK!! I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND IF YOU WANT...
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've always had a really hard time getting past the first 15 lbs, but once you do it, it just get's easier! You can do it! Never give up, you deserve to ride those roller coasters! :)
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've always had a really hard time getting past the first 15 lbs, but once you do it, it just get's easier! You can do it! Never give up, you deserve to ride those roller coasters! :)
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi!! Boy can I relate! I know how you feel, I have had a struggle w/my weight for most of my life too. I had originally found this site in '09, but like all other "diets", I lasted a week. So I came back a few weeks ago, and I'm so into it. First, I dropped "diet" from my vocab!!! Seriously. Second, I'm almost obsessed w/this b/c I want to be healthy, inside & out, and the support on this site is amazing (you'll soon see). You took the first step by finding MFP and participating, now just take it slow. MFP allows me to take this journey one day at a time.

Love yourself, forgive yourself, and don't give up on yourself.

A friend request is coming your way!

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • rene71
    rene71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley. I tend to do the same. So instead of getting to that first 10, get past the first 12 and then make a new goal. Change it up and no matter what, stick with it. With the proper foods, water and exercise, you can become the best you. :-) When you get to that point where you just want to throw in the towel, say to yourself, "If I stick with it, in one month I'll be so glad I did." Keep going.

Welcome!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    We all had to start some where.. Good Luck on your Journey and welcome..