Four 10 kg bags of potatoes

Options
I am currently wobbling around the 40 kg loss mark. And I'm so pleased and proud of myself.

I'm a smaller person all over - even my face has changed it's shaped and some shoes are easier to do up now! I've had a link taken out of my watch and my most precious diamond ring now lives on a chain around my neck. And of course I've gone down a .few sizes in clothing. Yes I've lost weight.

And it was the other night that I realised that what we all want is to look smaller/slimmer, that is we are concentrating on our body mass yet we jump on the scales and weigh ourselves every day/once a week. It doesn't really make much sense when you come to think of it.

So I talked to the storeman at work and asked if we had anything about that weighed 40 kg and he was going to take me to the scales. So I explained the why. He showed me the 10 kg bags of potatoes. We use this size at home so I'm used to lugging one of them around, but we are talking about four of them all at once. And when you really stop and think of it, losing weight means just that and it's HEAVY, and it's something I had never considered in all these years of trying to lose weight or should I say, alter my body mass and shape.

It's mind boggling now to think that I used to carry that heaviness around with me every second of every day, of every year I was extremely overweight. It's no wonder that I have arthritis in my knee and a sore back and it's a wonder that my ticker kept ticking!. And of course you have your doctor suggesting rather strongly that you should do something about it and of course you rebel. And now I finally understand why - sorry Mark (my old doctor) LOL

I would be interested to hear if any of you have had a similar AH-HA moment. To those of you who haven't, please feel free to share mine LOL. I am quite sure that this knowledge is going to help me to my goal which is another 34 kg away, I hope it helps you too.

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Lovely story. Well done!
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss !
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    nice story, well done regarding your weight loss- good luck on the rest of your journey!!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Its amazing when you actually LOOK at the weight you have lost huh? I put 43lbs in a back pack not long ago to remind me that I really am in the last leg of this race and I could barely get off the sofa!
    I really am proud of you Rho, its friends like you that keep me motivated because you never give up.
    Heres to "Downwards and inwards" :drinker:
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you should put it into Success stories, you have done so well. And yes it is a great reminder of the weight we carry with ourselves.
  • midnight333
    Options
    I think your story is incredible! Congratulations are in order and keep on doing it you're doing great. :smile: My moment was when I was not getting frequent heartburn anymore. I used to get it constantly because of my excess abdominal visceral fat. No more heart burn!!!! :happy: