High Protein, Low Carb Breaky/Lunches

Options
Who has some quick and easy high protein, low carb breakfast/lunch (I do IF so I only eat 2 meals a day. My first meal I choose a breakfast type food or lunch food) ideas. I need to get my protein up. I am home for lunch usually as I work as an au pair, so packability is not an issue.

I'm used to doing eggs or a huge chicken salad. Need something new.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• shella_bella
    Options
    bump
  • newyorklover91
    newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I need this too, bumping :)
  • csawyerk
    Options
    go to the website theworldaccordingtoeggface. she had gastric bypass and has a ton of recipies that are high in protein. Unfortunately she does not include the nutritional breakdown, so you have to plug the recipies into mfp to find out. There are great recipies call "bites" that are essentially crustless quiche or muffins make with whole grain pancake mix. The sweeter recipies are made with sugar free syrups. I also had gastric bypass (less than a month ago) so I have not yet tried these reciies because I am still on pureed food, but I am filling up my reciies section with many of her recipies.
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The "bites" on eggface's blog are pretty good. I don't know what your definition of "quick" is, but I typically have half an english muffin with a slice of canadian bacon and a serving of egg beaters - it's sort of like an egg mcmuffin. Sometimes I splurge and sprinkle about 1/2 an oz of shredded cheddar on the egg and let it get melty. :) An omelet is always good with lots of veggies and some turkey sausage, canadian bacon, etc. My serving size above is post-WLS so obviously you could do a larger portion. Greek yogurt is always a good choice to get the protein up, along with cottage cheese.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    bump