Does anyones fat feel different....

Options
Ive been doing cardio and strength 6-7 days a week for almost a month. And tonight before my shower i was poking at my fat under my arms and my belly and it feels different. It used to be i guess firmer lol sounds odd now its more cottagr cheese and looser... again odd sounding. Im not sure how to discribe it. Is it my body changing or just my skin getting saggier ( ive got a terrible appron dadly)? Just wonder if anyone else has had this happen.

Replies

• prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Its same with me.I also feel the same, its no more firm.I am also lifting weights and doing strength training along with 30-45 mins of cardio .I also just completed a month of active lifestyle.Its definitely looser but I hope my body will change and continue to become firm.You can add me so that we can keep each other motivated.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yes. The fat under my arms is becoming denser, like, not as squishy. However, it is incredibly painful.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's because the fat is shrinking. It will take a lil while for the rest of your body to respond :) You'll firm up!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Is it just me who has this sudden desire to squeeze peoples' fat now? :noway:
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    mines the same ive notices it most on my underarms im hoping my skin will firm up with the help of strength exercises
    feel free to add me as im always on the lookout for new MFP friends :D
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just said this to my husband last night, that my belly actually feels softer/squishier. I hope it means it's shrinking and my skin will catch up soon!
  • Anewstart2013
    Options
    Im so glad i am not the only one. I was getting worried I lost my mind lol. I seen my mom tonight and pinched her under arm to see if it felt different from mine. I wasnt sure when I told her why if she was going to smack me or laugh... luckly she laughed :laugh:
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    There is a possible explanation. This article has been quoted a few times, and I hope it's true, because I also have "squishy" fat that I am hoping is close to going!

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    There is a possible explanation. This article has been quoted a few times, and I hope it's true, because I also have "squishy" fat that I am hoping is close to going!

Was just about to link this.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey, my fat feels squishier too!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Interesting article
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went through that stage. It gets better, keep at it. Add strength training.
  • haha how strange was having this conversation last night !!! my belly is going all soft (reminds me of my belly after I'd had my daughters) :)
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just said this to my husband last night, that my belly actually feels softer/squishier. I hope it means it's shrinking and my skin will catch up soon!

I also feel that, I hope I lose that fat soon...can't wait..:ohwell:
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes this most definitely happened to me. It was just as you say - cottage cheese like, 'squishy fat'. UGH! But it did go away after a week or two. Keep going!
  • avonfitness
    Options
    yes, your fat is shrinking but don't worry .....you should have to take some time for workout.

do some swimming,some exercises,jogging etc.
    it will helps you to make constant your wight and your increasing fat..

good luck,
    avon....
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    omg I'm not the only one! But mine looks more in volume than before but i did lose a lot of muscle. You can feel balls of fat, right? Like you said, cottage cheese. lol I did gain more fat, though, due to the muscle loss...
  • Anewstart2013
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting that link. I am actually happy it feels like I have little marbles under my skin instead of hard soild fat. I feel like I am making headway even tho that darn scale just wont seem to budge this week. I figured I was retaining water since I was doing 30DS and doing my strength training an extra 2 days a week. I just hope for my next whoosh! :happy:
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    yep its normal! your fat is shrinking faster than your skin. Dont worry!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm so happy to see this thread. Thought I was imagining it!!!