Lemonade Chiller

Options
joneswife09
joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
So my husband tried being really nice to me today. He went to D.Q. and thought about what he could get me that would be semi healthy (or less unhealthy). He brought me a lemonade Chiller thinking lemonade chillers have to be way better than Ice Cream. I looked it up before I even took a sip of it and it has 186 carbs in it. I kind of over reacted and told him that he was trying to sabatoge me. He proceeded to tell me that he thought it would be a treat for me and that it wouldn't be as bad as ice cream. I had to apologize to him, but now the lemonade chiller is sitting in the freezer and my husband can't bear to throw it out. What am I going to do?

Replies

• radtech
    radtech Posts: 20
    Options
    Maybe treat yourself a little each night until it is gone? Idk how long those actually stay good for, but your getting a little bit of a treat and pleasing your hubby?
  • wendyannhall
    wendyannhall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Splurge! Just watch your intake the rest of the day and avoid carbs and sugar in your other meals. Life isn't about chaining yourself to the diet wagon, it's about enjoying yourself... just make sure to stay on the wagon 90% of the time :)
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    I like the idea of having a little treat each day until it is gone! or...you could split it with him?
  • Hazeyblue
    Hazeyblue Posts: 22
    Options
    Keep it as a treat for when you get to the 10lb mark, or stone mark, whichever. But if you dont think you could restrain yourself to just having a little bit, give it away to a family member or friend. Your husband will understand Im sure, sometimes we have no idea whats in these things until we do a little research.

You just reminded me, I have some raspberry sorbet in the freezer, i bet thats full of sugar :frown:
  • ntsmomma1
    ntsmomma1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    have some you two time...watch a movie and split it!
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it!!!

Your husband thought about you and thought he was doing a good thing. Don't let a diet cause hurt feelings because everytime you or your husband open that freezer door, it's going to be sitting there looking back!!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Calya, Move away from D.Q. lol He was thinking about you, that was nice but sometimes they just don't understand.. Do with it whatever you feel best with. Throw it out, eat it, savour it or stare at it... No right or wrong answer.. :wink:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Aww...he brought you a treat? That was sweet of him. Maybe share it like someone else suggested? Also let your hubby know that you apperciate his efforts, and love that he thinks of you so much. Maybe instead of food, he might give a card or a flower when he's out and wanting to bring something to brighten your day. :flowerforyou: