Low sugar Dairy Milk

Options
Hi All - Can anybody suggest a Low sugar dairy milk as I drink a cup of tea with milk every morning and any milk takes atleast 12 grams of sugar from my daily limit of 24. I take Almond milk sometimes but mostly with cereal - I don't wish to make that a default milk because of the low protein amount in it.
Also a general question - What if i keep my calorie intake in limit with my MFP recommendations but my sugar level goes beyond. Does that affect mt weight loss ?

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Only worry about sugar in the form of added sugars, not intrinsic ones like the sugars in fruit or milk - unless you're diabetic.

Personally, I only follow the calories (thought I try to keep the fat around the limit) because not all carbs are bad - for example veg ones count the same as pasta ones on the total, although they are less likely to pile on weight (unless you cover them with a cheese sauce...mmmmmmmmmmm).

Calorie deficit = weight loss, however you make it up.However, trying to keep the protein, carbs etc roughly to the propotions = healthy weight loss. (I got all excited thinking Cadbury had brought out a new chocolate bar when I saw your heading - I think I need to eat something!)
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As long as you are burning more calories that you are eating than you will lose weight.

You could try soy milk if the sugar is a big concern for you but, I don't think I would be concenred about it.

Beyond the MFP numbers, is there a reason you are concerned with sugar intake?
  • PJT614
    PJT614 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use 1% milk in my coffee but drink silk lite for calcium. I hwve always been a big milk drinker. Sugars are hard to keep under because I like fruit. So I keep it as real as possible and view my percentages of fat,cars and protein.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I take Almond milk sometimes but mostly with cereal

knock that cereal rubbish on the head for a start! nothing but sugar and chemicals. even the ones that are supposed to be "Good" for you, those are crap too.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have a cup of tea every morning with milk. I am diabetic, and it doesn't even really seem to affect my blood sugar. I think that they put the daily allowance of sugar very low. As long as you are getting most of your sugars from natural sources, it should not affect your weight loss.
  • LilMissDB
    Options
    I drink a cup of tea with milk every morning and any milk takes atleast 12 grams of sugar

I personally wouldn't worry about sugar in milk as others have said but I couldn't help but notice you would have to be having more than 250ml of milk in your cup of tea for it to be this much sugar. You are probably looking at closer to 1 gram sugar per cup if you are not adding sugar.
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you Guys !!

Mazdauk - I am not diabetic and not a cheese person. Though Diabetes runs in my mother's side of the family - so I just wanna stay away. BTW everytime i got my sugar checked, I was always low - I guess thats from my dad's side of the family. (Funny situation huh ?? ) and I just realized the "Dairy Milk" thing. LOL

Wrotruck - MFP numbers are the only reason I am worried with sugar. Nothing else - I love sweets like cakes, candies, etc but I am purposely staying away from them and eating fruits.

PJT614 - I try to keep my carbs and fat at the MFP numbers. Proteins are hard to get but i am trying to eat as much protein as i can.

Tricksee - Cereal is my last choice for breakfast or any meal. I normally eat a protein rich breakfast with 1 whole egg and 1 egg white (Sunny side up) with whole grain bread and a cup of tea.

Christmre - thanks for that. I will make sure i am not boggles with the MFP Sugar numbers then.

LilMissDB - Ooooh !! you are right but i drink a big cup of tea so i assume i take approx a cup of milk (may be 3/4 a cup) - i have never really measured it.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Can anybody suggest a Low sugar dairy milk as I drink a cup of tea with milk every morning and any milk takes atleast 12 grams of sugar from my daily limit of 24. I take Almond milk sometimes but mostly with cereal - I don't wish to make that a default milk because of the low protein amount in it.
    Also a general question - What if i keep my calorie intake in limit with my MFP recommendations but my sugar level goes beyond. Does that affect mt weight loss ?
    How much milk do you put in your tea? I've logged 22 grams of sugar for my two cups of skim milk last weekend.
  • aacorral
    aacorral Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure the same thing out for my morning coffee. I was adding 1/4 cup skim milk (3g sugar), but found that it just created a watered down coffee flavor. I've switched to 2 tbsp Non-Fat Half & Half (2g sugar). It tastes much better than the skim milk in drinks.