Low cal crackers?

Options
I LOVE the Laughing Cow cheese wedges (35 cal.) especially the garlic herb! I had been putting it on Wheat Thins, but they are 140 cal for 15 of them.
Any one have any ideas of lower calorie crackers that don't taste like cardboard?

Replies

• CindyOSG
    CindyOSG Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K crackers (Savory Herb) - they're only 120 cal for 24 crackers!
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would be interested to know this too. I was using Wheat Thins with my hummus until I realized how many calories I wasted. Changed to raw veggies with my hummus but it's just not the same as a cracker.
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K also, but I prefer the plain ones. To me they taste like a wheat thin. I love that I get a satisfying pile instead of 5-6 crackers. :)
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I agree the special k crackers are soo delicious. I feel that the cal intake is bogus. There way good
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K crackers (Savory Herb) - they're only 120 cal for 24 crackers!

Me too!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I also agree. The Special K is pretty good. I have the savory herb right now.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this the other day. Special K Sea Salt Cracker chips (30 chips, 110 calories) and 2 wedges of Crystal Farms Garlic and Herb cheese wedges (same as Laughing cow), each wedge is 35 calories, so for under 200 calories you can have 30 crackers and cheese and it's awesome!!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has Savory Mini Rice Crackers and you get 37 of them for like 130 calories and they are really good with Laughing Cow.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looks like I will be buying some Special K crackers the next shopping trip! Thanks everyone!
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Special K crackers!! :smile:
  • swishandflick
    Options
    Crunchmaster crisps are also really good, but I think those are 120 cal for 15 of em. I'll be getting the special K ones now!
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    For Humus, I make my own Pita chips. Josephs Pitas only have 60 calories, and the fiber takes away the carbs. I cut them into 8 pieces, toast in my toaster oven until crisp. No guilt, good for you snack. I eat them with tuna or chicken salad, or whatever needs a nice crunch.
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has Savory Mini Rice Crackers and you get 37 of them for like 130 calories and they are really good with Laughing Cow.

I agree with this-- give them a try! I also like Kim's Magic Pop. It's more of a rice cake than a cracker, but a big one is only 15 calories. I also enjoy GG Bran Crispbread. A lot of people don't like the taste because it's dry by itself, but I like it with cheese or spreads. They're only like ~12 calories a slice but they're high in fiber and they fill you up. But it's one of those things that you either like or hate.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Kavli Crispbread: http://goo.gl/6Jqh8