24 year old mama who's been over weight far too long!

Options
Hey everybody! My name is Sheila. I have a 15 month old daughter and a wonderful husband and I am 24. I've pretty much been over weight my whole life. My family of origin did not have particularly healthy eating habits. It was not uncommon for me to see my mother or step father eat a pint of ice cream each in one sitting, or an entire tube of pringles, and, though my mom tried to cook healthy meals at least, when my mom wasn't home and dinner was my step father's responsibility, it was greasy cheeseburgers, "frito pie" (fritos, chili and cheese), nachos, or take out. Naturally, I learned from the examples set and I have had a very hard time giving up junk food. I have been at least 20 lbs overweight since I was 13 or 14 and, now, I find myself needing to lose 70 lbs to be what is considered a "healthy weight." My friend told me about this site and I figured, "why not give it a try?" It's been almost a week, and, I have to say, I am already feeling a difference! My appetite has decreased, making it easier to say no to those pesky snacks, and my energy level has started to increase! It's great to have the accountability this site offers! I feel as though I may finally be in the position to lose this weight, get in shape, and stay that way! Looking forward to exploring the site a bit more! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome:) Feel free to add me
  • cameragirl2003
    Options
    Hi! I'm 28 and am looking to lose about 80 lbs. I am doing a weekly "military diet" and this week was my first week. You diet for 3 days, then eat normally for four then diet again for three days. Anyway, I've lost 3 lbs so far. I know it's water weight but it's a start. My hardest things are fast food, junk food and eating after 7 at night. =(
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 and a mommy of a 19 month old daughter. Well done on deciding to do something that makes you happy!
    Good luck with it and feel free to add me :) xx
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I hope you reach your goals!!!