What would be the kindest Jillian Michaels workout/dvd...

Options
I've seen a lot of posts about how Jillian Michaels workouts can kick start a weight loss, and I know there are a gazillion of them out there. I'm wondering which are the easiest to do when you're at a nearly-ZERO fitness level and very overweight. Advice?

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If you want kind then JM is not for you.

Suck it up and get the 30 Day Shred.
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred.. The first couple of times will make you hurt, but if you stick with it, it will make you feel good.
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred. In the first 15 days I dropped four inches around my waist! I'm still going!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For sure 30day shred.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you want kind then JM is not for you.

Suck it up and get the 30 Day Shred.

^^^ this
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    None of them.

Buy the 30 day shred and just do what you can. You will find your fitness levels will improve much more rapidly than you expected.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Jillian is a BEAST of a trainer, she's definitely not easy. If you want easy, go with someone else. However, she is awesome. I just started level 2 of the 30 day shred and I can see a difference in my endurance level.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yes, Jillian is not kind, but she is effective.

I did the 30 day Shred when I first started working out, so at that time I had NO upper body strength and very little stamina. It was hard for the first couple of days and a bit painful, but in a good way.

I would recommend it. She completely changed the shape of my body. I just stared her Body Revolution program. So, I must not have hated her too much :laugh:
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    30 day shed

And you can view it for free on You Tube

I have the DVD and LOVE it!

Good Luck!
  • KaraAnneMcD
    KaraAnneMcD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels does have two DVD's for beginners. I have seen them at Walmart and on amazon.
  • NikkiLS28
    Options
    I have the Frontside/Backside for Beginners combo DVD (Target for $12 I think). It's a good place to start for someone who has a low fitness level. It's not the most exciting DVD, but it works. She mixes cardio with strength in a circuit format. All can be done with a sturdy chair, hand weights and a resistance band - add a mat if you have a hard floor. Each workout takes about 40 minutes. Not only is it a good workout for beginners as far as intensity/impact, but you also learn the whys behind her technique. Give it a shot!
  • belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    30 DS.

I did it every other day, sometimes even 2 days break between, when I felt sore, but, It was a step up! With results after 2-3 exercises! Results are very visible, and those 30 minutes may seem like an eternity for the first few times. :sad: Then you'll love every single second of it! :bigsmile:

Before 30 ds I did Claudia Schiffer's Perfectly fit (abs, arms, - around 55 mins; buns, tighs- around 55 mins too) , but only because I never ever ever exercised in my entire life, and believed I would die if started doing something with cardio (did't even jog in place!). She's mean too, in sense of muscle pain you fell while working out, but Jillian will push you, and it only lasts 30 minutes!

I repeat, do it with a day or 2 day break in the beginning..... and then you'll change your mind :love:
  • katiem0816
    Options
    Don't buy it, its on youtube :) << The 30 Day Shred by the way.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I started out by using a kind of easy workout because I NEVER worked out before now, but after I did that for a week or two and got really used to it, I started doing the 30-day shred on level 1 (by the way find it on youtube that's how I'm doing it instead of buying it) and it was hard at first still, but it feels so great once you're done even on the first workout you won't regret doing it that way so you don't feel like you can't do it.

Or, if you are up for an extra challenge, just start off with 30-day shred level 1.
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like 30 day shred (just like everyone else)...I will also add I've been really impressed by "Biggest Loser: Cardio Max" which has Jilian in it (with other BL trainers). It's a nice mix of workouts!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the 30DS! Amazing results, quick workout (about 27 mins start to finish). It's only like $8.
  • tnt7787
    Options
    And another for 30ds. I was extremely out of shape before starting it, hated working out, but I now look forward to it everyday. The first couple days I felt like I was going to die and I was so sore, but I kept with it. I am on day 3 of level 2 now. Make sure you take before pictures and measurements. You may see more loss in inches than in weight. I haven't lost any weight since being on it, but I took my measurements again after finishing level one and so far I have lost an inch in my waist, almost an inch in my arms, an inch in my chest, half an inch in my hips, and half an inch in my thighs.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, it's short and to the point. You just have to hang tough for 20 minutes. If you're looking for Jillian to be kind...she's not. Be kind to yourself and do the modified versions until you can level up. Just dive in and give it a try! You may surprise yourself!
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Heres the level starting easiest to hardest that I have done.
    THEY WORK! DO NOT GIVE UP! just swear at her thats what I do..

Yoga Meltdown
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    30 day Shred
    6 week 6 pack
    Ripped in 30
    Shed Shred Extreme

There is also a Biggest Loser Last Chance workout that she does thats pretty easy its cardio one day then legs and arms the next
    Follow the beginner example person at first then move up.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The kindest JM workout is one that's still in the package!! I have a bunch of her workouts. She is a beast. And I love them! But kind, she certainly is not!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!