5 week projection accuracy

Options
So I made a commitment on January 1st to lose 25 lbs. i was 224.4 lbs on that day. After the first day of logging my food, exercise and hitting "Complete This Entry" button, myfitnesspal projected that I would weigh 204.4 in 5 weeks. I wrote that weight down, hoping I would maintain that daily routine and to see how accurate this app was on projecting weight loss. Well here i am, 5 weeks later, still committed and I weight 205.2. Only .8 lbs off. I have to say, the app works if you stay committed to it. Have a great weekend! :)

Replies

• abbygrit
    Options
    That's a really good idea! Whenever I see that projection, I get totally psyched. It would be a good motivator to write down the number to compare with the actual outcome...
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree! That is an excellent idea. I should try that. :) Not sure I would be able to maintain the loss on a good day though....

Gonna give it a try!

"God save the Queen - Bloodsport for all!"
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I never really tracked the projections...I just mainly looked to see if the projections were going in the right direction, and my weight kept going down - I figured it couldn't be very far off.

Between MFP and the Fitbit, I get plenty of data to show where I might have had too much salt to mess with water weight, or a chart that shows how many calories I'm burning vs. taking in.

LOVE IT!

THanks so much for your post! Gives me more incentive!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I know if I can stay the course myself I will hit the nubmers I see when I complete my entries. Well, I just ignore those numbers on the bad days though :)
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I use the "notes" section under the daily food log to document what MFP tells me. When I hit "complete this entry", I take that number down, then go to that date (5 weeks from now) and put that number in the notes section for that day. five weeks from then, when we get to that day, i can see what MFP said I would weigh and compare it to what I actually weigh. It was accurate for a while but then I hit a pleteau.