My NSV for the week

Options
I work in a small chiropractic clinic. One of our patients (who is VERY nice) hadn't been here in about 2 months and she came in last week. She took one look at me and said "Girl, you are just shrinking! You look great!" :blushing: Made me feel pretty good because I'm really not down that much from the last time she saw me because of Christmas gain. She asked me how I was doing it and actually accepted the "eat right and exercise" reason, without insisting there was more or making excuses for herself.

Anyway, she came in last night for a follow up and told me that I had inspired her, so she joined a gym. Wow! I didn't think I would inspire anyone to make healthy changes in their lives! The real kicker is, she's really not overweight. If I'm going to be honest, she's probably right around my BMI, which actually blows my mind, because I would call her "healthy" while I still think of myself as fat! LOL

But it made me feel really good that she not only noticed a change, but apparently it was enough of one to make her want to make a change in her life. :happy:

Replies

• castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What a nice NSV. Congrats to you!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's so nice! Yes, I think it's funny that people think there must have some big secret or new diet plan and seem surprised to find out it's just back to the basics of eating right and exercising! LOL
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Goodness, on a related note: Last night I caught my hubby using my food scale to weigh his dinner. When I asked him about it, he said I was "having an influence on (him)." Then he pulled out his tablet and logged the food. ^_^ Good for him! And wow, it's a subtle compliment, but still a compliment! He doesn't have a lot to lose, maybe 20 or 30 pounds.

I've also had several people at my fitness classes call me "skinny" in the last few weeks. As in, "Hello, Skinny!" :blushing: It's kind of a shock!

I really need this now, I've been in kind of a plateau. The scale just isn't really moving much, but there has been some tightening and toning. I just need to ride it out, but it can be so hard, as I'm sure most of you know.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    fantastic NSV. The compliments are a real self esteem builder. You have accomplished a lot and should be very proud that 2 people are stepping up to the plate- so to say- and doing something about their own health due to your positive attitude and results. way to go, you are changing people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!