What gives?

Jb27
Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so I have been working out and eating right but havent lost any weight for almost 2 weeks, what gives? Do i need to work out more? eat less? ugh :(

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had a 5 week plateau. They suck. Switch something up. You don't have to work harder, just do something different.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    i know it sucks to hear but you have to give it time. your body is going to hold onto the weight for dear life so its going to be a rough start. make sure you are eating your exercise calories as well.
  • camiller02
    camiller02 Posts: 24
    Th same thing is happening to me. I started a month ago and I have gained instead of loosing. But I am sticking to it. I am planning on buying a new scale anyway, the one in the bathroom I have had for almost 9 years. Just keep with the new lifestyle change you weight will move n time.
  • camiller02
    camiller02 Posts: 24
    Th same thing is happening to me. I started a month ago and I have gained instead of loosing. But I am sticking to it. I am planning on buying a new scale anyway, the one in the bathroom I have had for almost 9 years. Just keep with the new lifestyle change you weight will move n time.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    It took me 10 months to loose my last 20..........so u tell me!!! SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • start doing more strength training - if you build your lean muscle mass you will burn more calories during the day - even when you're not working out. Thats the key to getting past a plateau....also, make sure you are changing up your workout frequently....keep your body guessing, it will work harder :)
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you for all of your ideas, i know i can and will do this! :)
    ~Jessica
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    I'm at a 3 month plateau. It'll happen, all in good time (I hope).
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Sucks, don't it!! Try eating every one of your calories for about three days then cut back a hair. If that doesn't work kick in a few extra carbs for a day or so, then cut them back. Good luck. Also, are you taking measurements? All that kicking and judo is probably building leg muscle...bet anything you've lost inches and gained muscle....that's a great thing.

Remember...scales are the invention of the devil:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.