Chocolate lover need help!!!

Options
I love to eat and I love chocolate does anyone have any health food for me to eat...?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    That's quite a broad question. What's your diet like as a whole? There is room for chocolate in a healthy diet, if it's well-balanced and you are getting in all the nutrients you need.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Start eating dark chocolate. I went from 70% to 85% to 90% cacao. It is extremely healthy for you. A superfood in fact. I eat lindt and have half a serving every day.
  • mkatetay
    Options
    That's quite a broad question. What's your diet like as a whole? There is room for chocolate in a healthy diet, if it's well-balanced and you are getting in all the nutrients you need.

All of my meals are healthy but I snack during the day on chocolate...
  • joeterry2112
    joeterry2112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love to eat and I love chocolate does anyone have any health food for me to eat...?

This is going to sound trite. Portion Control.

I think you should look more at your motivations beyond just I love to eat. Why do you love to eat? Is it for comfort? Is it because you are bored? I would have never believed that I ate because I was bored until one day after I started watching my food intake, I didn't have really much to do and I really got a hankering for a cookie. Then it hit me...

I have had to learn to enjoy my food. I am trying to eat slower. (A real challenge. I was raised ina family of seven kids and if you wanted seconds you better get done before everyone else.) And I am trying to find joy in my food. To really love what I eat, and to see certain foods as a reward for doing everything else right. Many a night I have a chocolate dipped shortbread cookie. (Oh it is so good) If I worked out that day hard and help to my diet I reward myself with one. And I eat it slow. One little cookie and it takes me six bited to eat, because I want to savor every bite.

For more research I would seriously look into mindful eating. (I'm no expert but I'm trying.)

Here's two links about it. (I'm not affiliated with either. I just looked them up today. I learned this from a class.)

http://www.mindfuleating.org/MindfulEating.html

http://reasonablediet.com/wordpress/intentional-eating-mindful-eating/

Hope it helps.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I once ate 22 kit-kats a day for a week and lost weight. true story.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

All of my meals are healthy but I snack during the day on chocolate...

I don't see the problem?
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Tblsp and a half of natural peanut butter
    Tblsp and a half of unsweetened cacao powder
    tsp of raw honey or packet of stevia

put those together in a small little bowl or container and add dashes of warm water till it becomes spreadable and use on toast, in wraps or on top of oatmeal.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    http://chobani.com/products/vanilla-chocolate-chunk-2/

^^^^^ super tasty

or I love a teeny bite od nutella or jif chocolate PB on a whole wheat waffle

also if you have some over ripen bananas. peel and chop them.... then freeze. when frozen put them in the food processor or blender with a bit or milk ( almond, soy, regular) then add som cocoa powder or chocolate syrup!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate squares dipped in peanut butter :love:

Or half a banana dipped in chocolate then frozen..

Enjoy in moderation!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate frequently.

This morning I had dark chocolate peanut butter oats for breakfast.

Yesterday I had 2 squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree.

Keep your serving sizes in check and there's no reason not to enjoy chocolate if you want to.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cocoa roast almonds are a good chocolate fix. Or you could use chocolate protein powder. It's good mixed with milk (reg, almond, soy, coconut, whatever your preference) or in a smoothie with oats and pb.
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered almonds are my friend. A few in the evening with a coffee sort out my cravings and not too bad on the cals.
  • Claire200489
    Claire200489 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy sweet tooth, im the kinda person if there is chocolate in the house i cant not eat it, it really bugs my flat mate. lol.

Up your protein intake and it seriously reduces your sugar cravings. Only thing that has worked for me so far, and i had tried alot.

hope that helps