Has anyone else discovered Walden Farms???

Options
I LOVE this stuff... well some of it.. :) They have a ton of products that are all no calorie, no carb, no sugar, and gluten free!

My faves:
Chipotle Mayo - I use it to make Chicken Salad or Tuna Salad and it's excellent!

Italian Dressing - I have this with every salad I make and before I tired the chipotle mayo I even used it in my Tuna and it was delish!

There are so many options.. The ones below I have tried
chocolate syrup - good
Caramel Syrup - it's alright, but not my fave
Stawberry Syrup - YUMMY
pancake syrup - good
Ranch - not my fave, but my hubby like it
1000 island - I didn't try it but that's all my hubby will have on his salad
Ketchup- not for me, or my hubby... but i'm not a big ketchup person to begin with...
marshmellow dip- thought it would be awesome, but just has an odd flavor to it at least to me

looking forward to trying some of their other products...

i've seen bbq sauce and TONS of salad dressings

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No offense but I rather have some real food with ingredients that I can pronounce.
    I will eat processed food every now and then (cookies, flavored rice etc.) but at least I somehow recognize the ingredients.

And your body needs some fats like olive oil with your salad to absorb the nutrients.
  • booty_wurk
    Options
    Some of those things sound good. I browsed their site a little, but I can't help but be skeptical of the kind of stuff they sell without any calories. What kinds of things are they putting in there to make this stuff devoid of calories?
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm with you, I'm not particularly keen on foods high in processed ingredients, but hey- it's got no calories and it tastes good. So I'll be checking this out soon. Thanks!
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dee. It may have zero calories but its horrible for your overall health. And fats are necessary in order for our bodies to be able to absorb fat soluble vitamins.
  • joss99
    joss99 Posts: 11
    Options
    Dee,
    okay, you made me curious... so I just checked out the ingredient list.... it says the ingredients contain trace calories... but per serving it's net zero.

On the Chipotle Mayo:
    Ingredients: Purified Water, Vegatable Fiber, Sea Salt, Apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, corn starch, xanthan gum, lactic acid, beta carotene, egg flavor, dijon mustard, lemon juice, dehydrated chipotle, tomato flavor, cumin, chipotle flavor, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, food color, paprika, sodium benzoate (to preserver freshness)

The last one is the only one I haven't heard of before....

And yes I know we need fat, and I still get my healthy fats in other ways... for example the chicken salad I make I add black olives to it or nuts. This Mayo gives a good flavor and doesn't add the fat intake :)
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    No calorie food is scary.
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    Try their peanut butter, you will be offended in so many ways possible its not even funny. I had their peanut butter today and never again, my dogs wouldn't even eat that **** and they eat everything that is food. Walden Farms is not food, its a bad science experiment.
  • Bbells89
    Bbells89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use it some times, I have almost all the dressings and i liked it. However, it might not be good for our health but hey on days that i don't have many calories left i use it :)
  • beccaboo253
    beccaboo253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    the peanut butter spread isn't bad in smoothies, im thinking of mixing cinnamon in the spread if i find other ways to use it. this morning i made a smoothie with one gala apple, 3 tbs of the waldens peanut butter spread, almond milk and a half tbs of natural pb & also one banana. I defiantly couldn't really tell the taste of the pb spread.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have used Walden Farms. I just purchased three bottles last night of some of their salad dressings. They weren't too bad at all. The ranch was pretty good, and i will be eating the Honey Dijon today. Fooducate rated them a B+.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try their peanut butter, you will be offended in so many ways possible its not even funny. I had their peanut butter today and never again, my dogs wouldn't even eat that **** and they eat everything that is food. Walden Farms is not food, its a bad science experiment.
    THIS times 1000! I tried it and then the jar went straight in the trash!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Dee,
    okay, you made me curious... so I just checked out the ingredient list.... it says the ingredients contain trace calories... but per serving it's net zero.

On the Chipotle Mayo:
    Ingredients: Purified Water, Vegatable Fiber, Sea Salt, Apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, corn starch, xanthan gum, lactic acid, beta carotene, egg flavor, dijon mustard, lemon juice, dehydrated chipotle, tomato flavor, cumin, chipotle flavor, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, food color, paprika, sodium benzoate (to preserver freshness)

The last one is the only one I haven't heard of before....

And yes I know we need fat, and I still get my healthy fats in other ways... for example the chicken salad I make I add black olives to it or nuts. This Mayo gives a good flavor and doesn't add the fat intake :)

There's calories in there - not a lot of calories - but several of those ingredients have calories, so I don't know how they can call it calorie free.

I would agree that it's a nice sub for mayo though - I'd rather get my fats in from avocado, nuts or dairy vs. mayo, so this would be a nice alternative.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    love love love this stuff! so far im content with everything Ive tried.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Only in America would you find this crap.:devil:
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If it has no calories, no carbs, no sugar or gluten, what IS it?
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    They have no calories by US standards, but I have been told if you look at there website from another country it does have calories.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There are calories in it! I prefer either real foods or going without, not Walden Farms.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I tried a few things including there peanut butter and they were horrible.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic, I use their pancake syrup on my very-low-carb (almond flour/whey isolate) pancakes ... makes for a delicious breakfast treat that doesn't spike this diabetic's blood sugar like a regular pancake would...

That's the only product of theirs I use (I tried others and wasn't impressed). I think people that don't need to watch sugar are likely happier with the real thing though... I do miss the flavor of syrup straight from a tree in Quebec...
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow.... this has the worst reviews I've ever seen on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-Peanut-Calorie-Free-12-Ounce/dp/B000X1Q1G8

Ingredients:
    Purified Water, Vegetable Fiber, Defatted Cocoa Powder, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Caramel Color, Natural Roasted Peanut Flavor, Natural Peanut Extract, Sea Salt, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoat (To Preserve Freshness), Sucralose, Vanilla Flavor, FD&C Yellow #6

:huh: