Im Stuck!!!

Options
HI I have 10 more pounds to lose already having lost 3 the first two days now its been 2 weeks and either i gain a pound, or am stuck at 135. I have 2 little girls and im pre baby #2 weight but would like to be pre baby #1 weight, only 10 more pounds! so close yet so far, i need motivation and inspiration!

Replies

• astra1547
    Options
    I got stuck last week and i'm doing Intermittent Fasting. Intermittent Fasting don't mean you have to starve yourself. Look it up or go on uTube and listen to what they say about it. and drink plenty of water, cut out all bread and fizzy drinks. I've cut out orange juice (diluted) this week and have noticed the difference already. I have always found the last few lbs are hell to lose
    With (IF) you have a window where you eat and on 2 days you eat less of what you normally eat and 3 days you eat normal still within the set window. I have my breakfast 6.30 am and lunch time around 1.30 pm i have a pear or apple 6.30 pm i have my dinner nothing in-between, but drink plenty of water. Its quite simple really just eat normally, drink plenty of water and cut out all bad stuff. Good Luck!
  • Bdjenkins1
    Options
    Thanks, i will look in to that! i have such a hard time not having little snacks here and there, i get so shaky when im hungry!
  • Jmur8908
    Jmur8908 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try doing a zig zag with your calorie in take per day. Exercising is a huge factor as well especailly the last few pounds!

Zig Zag Example for someone on a low cal diet
    Monday 1300
    Tuesday 1350
    Wednesday 1504
    Thursday 1400
    Friday 1300

This kind of zig zag affect tricks your body. Because your body adapts quickly to habitual routines like if you were to eat the same thing every single day you would eventually plateau because your body is used to that calorie intake. Also with excercsing never do the same thing every day. Just like with eating your body becomes used to your routine and your metabolism forms a familiarity with it and when your metabolism stabalizes your weight does too. So this trickery is a good tool to use to keep from the dreaded plateau! Hope this helps!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind as well, the less you have to lose the harder and longer it takes. Aiming for a goal of .5 lbs a week would be ideal. Also, are you weight lifting? The initial 3 pounds was more than likely water weight.
  • Danieboo757
    Options
    It's true repetive exercise and eating are very bad for a diet plan. the zigzag is a great idea to help with the last few pounds. Also running is a great idea to help lose the weight and tone up any excess flab. Good luck!
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back to that "pre-baby" weight, too! Although my baby is 5 now... :smile: Some things that help me are:

#1 Log Everything! Every bite, lick, taste! When I have a problem, that's where I am failing. And it's so hard. I have 5 boys, and I have a hard time not finishing their plates as we clear the table. And I think "no big deal, it's just the rest of his waffle/sandwich/spaghetti." But, especially with the last few pounds, every bite counts. (I have a friend who, when her kids are finished eating, she takes a bottle of windex and sprays their plates so that she won't finish them off. She lost a huge amount of weight about 10 years ago and has kept it off. I'm not quite there yet, but I think it's brilliant that she's found something that helps her with this problem!) And when you've hit your calorie limit, stop eating. Drink water. Or just eat vegetables so you can still sit down with your kids for dinner (that's a priority for me).

#2 Plan your snacks. I've got a list of things that I can eat, I keep them on hand and ready to go, and I know that if I can just make it to 9:30 am (or 2:30 pm for my afternoon snack), I can eat again. This helps me to stop grazing on everything all day long.

#3 And if you have a sweet tooth like me, plan once or twice a week when you will get to make or eat treats. For us, I make cookies every Sunday with my boys. And we do a fun dessert on Wednesdays. Knowing that I get to splurge once in a while helps me from feeling deprived. I know some people will say this is too much, but this is what works for me.

Good luck!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I's a supporter of the Intermittent fasting diet. I've lost 8.25 lbs this week! i have a lot to lose and this is my first week but its got to worth a go! I found it easy to stick to as well.
    Good luck!
  • If I can help! Do you know Miracle noodles ? just put miracle noodle in google and you will find their web site. I used to weight 300 pounds now 262 pounds and these noodles helped me a lot because no calories and no carbs and with a good tasting low calorie meat sauce its just like eating pasta. And takes five minutes to be ready for a busy mom. It comes in individual bags in a liquid (smells a little bit like fish but does not taste like it) you rince the noodles and boil for 2 min and there ready! Hope it will help you to get to your goal but don't be rushed you do not have a lot to loose and that is why its long. You will get there if your very serious about it :)
  • If I can help! Do you know Miracle noodles ? just put miracle noodle in google and you will find their web site. I used to weight 300 pounds now 262 pounds and these noodles helped me a lot because no calories and no carbs and with a good tasting low calorie meat sauce its just like eating pasta. And takes five minutes to be ready for a busy mom. It comes in individual bags in a liquid (smells a little bit like fish but does not taste like it) you rince the noodles and boil for 2 min and there ready! Hope it will help you to get to your goal but don't be rushed you do not have a lot to loose and that is why its long. You will get there if your very serious about it :):smile:
  • sglover14
    sglover14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it's unrealistic to think that those last 10 lbs will come off in a couple weeks. The last 10 lbs will always be the toughest. IF is a great tool, that I use myself, but I think you need to do A LOT of research about it. It's inherently nutritional timing and what my fitness goals are and what yours are could be entirely different. I lift weights, heavy weights, and use IF to get my muscles the exact nutrients they need at the right time. And I only do it 2 times a week. Also, I hope you're not fixated on a number on the scale, because the scale doesn't necessarily reflect health and wellness. I know plenty of skinny people who can't run a 1/4 of a mile, and chunky people that can. Also, if you have gained any amount of muscle, it will be heavier than fat, so a more accurate gage would be a body fat % compared to what you were pre baby #1. I have two children myself, one is 5 and the other is 10 months.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    What works best for me is making sure all grain products are whole grain products and don't eat too much of them. Keep sodium down to 1500mg or less a day, cut out all sugar and anything that is considered "junk food". Go for lots of high fiber veggies and fruits. They really fill you up for very few calories. The more raw veggies you can eat, the faster you will lose! Most important,don't give up!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    When you're close to your goal, it takes longer. Have faith! Great job on the loss thus far!!
    I'm not sure what your calorie allowance is set to, but I'd put your goal as 0.5 pounds per week. Slow and steady wins the race!! Good luck!
  • Rickd530
    Rickd530 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I thinking fasting is a horrible idea. Your body will store calories because you have starved it. The body will prepare for those days that you fast, so survival is most important. Fasting will get rid of water weight, but not the real weight you are focusing on. If you want to shock the body, change your work-out, higher intensity, and watch the amount of sodium you take in.
  • Bdjenkins1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for ur insite!