Sooo...

Options
If you eat 1200 calories a day, and you exercise say like you lose 300 calories, so you would have to eat 1500 calories to make up for the ones you lost???

Replies

• sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    Yes. MFP starts you at a number that will allow you to lose weight. When you work out, you create a larger deficit than you need and could put your body in starvation mode. Eat those extra calories to make sure you are eating enough for your activity level.
  • ntsmomma1
    ntsmomma1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thanks for clarifying that Sparkles!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Oh boy ..this is real fun! I can barely get in the calories I need .. let alone add more. I just can't eat that much with having surgery and that. But I don't feel like I am starving.
  • Emorriso165
    Emorriso165 Posts: 23
    Options
    If you honestly aren't hungry than I wouldn't worry about eating more than you are already. If you aren't suffering from dizziness, lethargy, constantly growling stomach, etc, etc, and are losing a healthy amount of weight, then I would just keep chugging along if I were you. I agree with Sparkles that for most people causing too big of a deficit is just a hindrance for weight loss, but everyone is an individual and you will just have to trust your own body. Your body isn't going to go into starvation mode without at least trying to give you a heads up! If in a few days or weeks of dieting you start to feel hungry on your current calorie level, then I'd bump up your calories.