"Grab n' go" breakfast suggestions?

Options
124»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    While I'm pretty big on making time to prepare, and sit down and enjoy your meals- if I oversleep or something breakfast is a piece of wholemeal bread with peanut butter, wrapped around a large banana and eaten while I'm heading out.

This I like.. good quick healthy and all the stuff I already eat!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know its more of a lunch thing, but sometimes I will make an egg salad sandwhich the night before. (Don't recommend slabbing it on the bread until the morning otherwise it gets soggy). If I have an extra minute or two I'll pop a piece of bacon in the microwave and throw that on there too.
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/healthy-desserts/easiest-healthiest-cookie-recipe-in-the-world

These banana 'cookies' by blogilaties!
    They have 2 ingrediants if you make them without cranberries. Make them before you go to bed, then take a couple to eat on the way :) add some nuts/nut butter to add protein/fat!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have posted this so much, but I'm doing it again, because it's YUMMY!!

Make egg "muffins"!! I make 12 at a time, they last me a week in the fridge, and I either nuke them and eat them on the drive to work or nuke them at work.

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want.
    I made these this week.. they're pretty darn tasty. They're homemade granola bars. I made mine in an 8x8 pan.. you'll look at a serving and go "WTF? No way that's filling." But I ate two for breakfast every day this week with a glass of milk and was full until lunch.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/low-fat-chewy-granola-bars-with-pecans.html
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/829522-bacon-egg-cheese-biscuits-130-cal-ea

Bacon egg and cheese biscuit cups, quick, easy, and tasty. Found it on pinterest. Should check it out for tons of other ideas!
    I like to make "sausage-cheese biscuits" on Sundays to last me through the week. I use grated parmesan and Gimme Lean Soy Sausage that I lightly brown with a little canola oil and then mix into biscuit dough made from Trader Joe's Multigrain baking mix. Bake as directed and then keep them in the fridge. Stick it in the toaster oven for a few minutes, then go!
    http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/healthy-desserts/easiest-healthiest-cookie-recipe-in-the-world

These banana 'cookies' by blogilaties!
    They have 2 ingrediants if you make them without cranberries. Make them before you go to bed, then take a couple to eat on the way :) add some nuts/nut butter to add protein/fat!

I don't eat breakfast at a "normal" time (I do IF), but these are all things I need to look into...
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg(s). I usually do one whole egg and one egg white. Less than 90 calories. Throw in a piece of fruit or a container of fat free yogurt, and you're good to go.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean Delights - Turkey sausage, egg white and cheese mcmuffins are very yummy.
    Cereal and yogurt
    Fruit
  • bigkat1
    Options
    I take a few extra minutes of my busy schedule to make an egg white and turkey sausage sandwich. It is filling and takes 5 minutes to prepare. Just wrap it up and take it with you.
  • Jillyfish99
    Jillyfish99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Make egg "muffins"!! I make 12 at a time, they last me a week in the fridge, and I either nuke them and eat them on the drive to work or nuke them at work.

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want.
    ^^^this
    I do the same thing but make a veggie version.
    14 egg whites and 4 whole eggs. crack into a bowl and mix together. lightly oil the muffin tin. I put the veggies in to the muffin cups which usually includes broccoli, spinach, red bell pepper and a sprinkle of fat free feta. Pour the egg mixture of the veggies and bake at 400*F for 15 minutes and Then let cool.
    I put them in a bag and leave them in the fridge at work. I eat 2-3 a day and they are about 50 calories each muffin. Eating some right now. :)
    Oh I microwave them for a bout 1 minute when I'm ready to eat.
  • benflando
    Options
    Boil eggwhites the night before

A protein shake literally takes 5 minutes to make - whey, banana, peanutbutter, ice

Oatmeal w/ whey

Stop making excuses. If you want to see results you're gonna have to put some work in
  • maggsclooney
    Options
    Subway flatbread sandwich. under 300 calories....easy and delicious!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    These are my grab n' go options:

1. Eggo 100% Whole Wheat Waffle with little bit of Peanut Butter or Nutella on top!
    2. Breakfast Lean Pockets (there are 2 types, the ones in the box which are 260+ calories, OR Walmart has smaller individually packaged ones that are only 180 calories)
    3. These aren't that "healthy" per say, but I like the new Special K Pastry Crisps (Specifically the Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones - taste like a pop tart, but only 100 calories)
    4. Bananas
  • tinairving
    Options
    I boil one egg, and also eat a Special K Bar. The bars are only 90 calories. They are great for when you have to get out the door fast and do not have time to eat.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    my fav go-to:

Ezekial Bread - 7 Sprouted Grains, 1 slice
    Whole Foods - Fresh Ground Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
    Banana
    Celestial Seasonings-Morning Thunder - Herbal Black Tea

perfect!!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options

Thankyou for posting this recipe! I think I might make these on Sunday and have them ready to go for the week.
    Maybe my hubby will even eat them and then I won't have to clean up his dishes after he makes his egg breakfast every morning! I hate cleaning pots and pans!!
  • violinkeri
    Options
    My go-to breakfasts on a work day:

a Slim Fast 321 protein shake
    a packet of oatmeal that i make at work and eat at my desk
    bel vita crisps--lots of whole grain/fiber and fills me up until my late morning snack time

also...sometimes i make a bunch of silver dollar pancakes--there really isnt all that much to them calorie wise and 3 of those with a little bit of lite or sugar free syrup is good enough for me. or with some fresh berries!
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    a couple Babybel cheese rounds. Good protein.

I had one babybel and a nutri grain bar before my workout this morning. They really help you when you are starting to get hungry.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i love luna bars so thats a fast go to for me. Also I have been putting some almond butter on a rice cake and heading out the door these days, works out for me!