My progress to onederland! Down 32+ lbs!

Options
It is pretty embarrassing to post pictures of yourself both in the beginning and during your progress of losing the weight, but I feel like part of the progress is accepting and loving yourself too. I started out at about 230-236lbs when I decided I was sick of being unhealthy. I had been overseas for a couple years as a volunteer and I had been deprived of a lot of the food I really love to eat and got down to about 150lbs. When I returned to the U.S. I went crazy with my eating habits like any minute someone would take food away from me. I was also married to someone that was not emotionally healthy and I was very unhappy.

It is amazing what can be accomplished in about 3 months time. I got divorced, I learned that food is fuel, I learned to love running and lifting and even did my first 5k last Saturday. This is really the "fittest" I have ever been and I am still going strong. I weigh 197.5lbs and my ultimate goal is to be around 145-150lbs, but more than the scale, I want to be strong.

If I can make this kind of progress, you can too <3

progress_zpseb5abc68.jpg

Replies

• GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    That's brilliant. Well done so far. Getting over that 200 mark is such an emotional victory.
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    Awesome work! Your doing great and sharing your results is such motivation and inspiration for others. 145 here you come :) Good luck!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so brave and sharing your progress with us. Congrats on getting into the 100s!!!! What a huge accomplishment. I know you are going to go far. You have a great attitude.
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! keep up the hard work and you will be there in no time!
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! I have a similar story to yours!! Great job -- you are on the right track!! Happiness is a choice, as my mother always told me, and you have chosen happiness!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you are well on your way!!
  • PDR85
    PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I come here because of pictures like this- real people who are not perfect and don't have perfect airbrushed everything. It's real and it's relatable. You are looking wonderful and you are doing spectacular. Congrats on your accomplishments so far.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look great! Nothing to be embarrassed about. Thanks for sharing!
  • skidoo1122
    Options
    Fantastic job. Keep up the good work!,,
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! It's because of other MFP success stories that helped me stay motivated to get this far and to keep going. Thank you for your kind words <3
  • Apellet1
    Apellet1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Jess! You look amazing <3
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You have an AWESOME shape....
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • gloryofthis
    gloryofthis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you are doing incredibly well!!! you will be at your goal weight in no time! you look fantastic!! xx
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You're lookin great girl! We have the same body type.... :smile:
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    UPDATED*

Just thought I would post front progress pics from the beginning to now after I just completed the 30 day shred!

progressy.jpg

I can definitely see a change in my stomach! Jillian kicked my *kitten*!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!