Sharing today's success story: please share yours?

Options
So I believe in winning a little bit every day, and consistently.. I'm celebrating : Today was a good day I had my cooler bag with food for the day, exactly as I'd planned for last night, I was ready to go. I wasn't going to compromise, no- how! I was ready for anything, but there was a tiny problem...I was in a strategy workshop from 8 until 5:30 pm... And there was food: cookies mayo, cheesey, meaty, whiteflour sandwiches, storebought muffin, deep fried meat hors d' oeuvres .. I obviously can't hold out that long without eating ESP with such tempting goodies in front of me..I had to eat, but I sometimes go into a flat spin about eating in front of people. So after a peptalk in my office where i collected it, i returned to the boardroom aaaannnddd : I ate my two clean- eating snacks and broccoli, chicken and brown rice meal right there at the right times, and I know one of the issues contributing to my weight gain is my feelings of shame around food, my failures and being comfortable eating in public .

I'm proud of myself , it was a first for me.. It was hard, it took guts.. I guess I felt vulnerable showing that my weight is enough of a problem for me to do something radical about it... But no one looked at me funny or anything.. It just prompted a discussion about healthy food choices.. What are you celebrating today?

Replies

• williecruiser
    Options
    Thats awesome! You rock! Its sooooo hard to not have "just a little", That first time was the hardest, from now on., everytime will be easier.
    I am proud today I havent given up when the scale was stuck for 3 weeks. Just kept trying, yesterday....YAH! Its on the move again!
    We are strong!!!!!!!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is where I always cave. And my rational thinking that "this can be my cheat for the week" always seems to surface several other times in the week as well. So good on you for sticking to it. Saying no the first time is always the hardest, then it gets easier each time. Success to you!