grocery list

Options
areay22
areay22 Posts: 150 Member
Going to the grocery store in the morning...any suggestions?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Some of my staples....

apples, spinach, hummus, carrots, light soy milk, yogurt, grapes, turkey, chicken, eggs, dried cranberries, salsa, string cheese, peppers, grape tomatoes, olive oil popcorn (trader joes!), trail mix, umm... thats all I got! :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • catrinasm
    catrinasm Posts: 12
    Options
    Sugar free jello...5 calories, Jello pudding. 60 calories....Rice cakes caramel...50 calories and they are yummy! Reduced Sugar oatmeal, Sara Lee bread...yummy 45 Calorie a slice...lowest calorie bread I have seen yet. Tangerine's yummy scack 26 calorie each...I eat 3 at breakfast with my oatmeal and 1 slice of toast...I can barely finish breakfast...I like the Diet Cranberry Juice. Good luck...Keep it up! : )
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow all good suggestions! I like avocadoes and almonds! Must have! Both are important in your diet. Also for lunch I have fresh berries and yogurt mixed. Very tasty!
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Arnold - Whole Wheat Toast 100%, Bakery Light Bread - 40 calories a slice!!!!
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. it's hard buying for one. My husband is in New Zealand right now.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...gotta log my foods today..
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    My personal list includes filling my cart with whole foods. Anything "processed" I have to make from scratch. It's a great way to limit the amount of processed foods in your diet when you have to put that much effort into them.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the string cheese. I also like the laughing cow spreadable cheese - it is great for a snack but I also use melted intstead of alfredo sauce for pasta.

Some of my other staples are lettuce and salad fixings, yoplait thick and creamy light yogurt (key lime pie is my fav), chicken, apples, grapes, whatever other fruit is on sale, and skinny cow ice cream cups.
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Definitely stay away from anything processed! I know a lot of this stuff is low in calories but not always the best for you body. Also very little nutrients in that stuff. Stick to clean foods. I did see that we have cherries in the store now...yum, one of my favorites!

Here are a few of my staples:
    Almond milk for my shakeology
    Skim Milk
    Almonds
    avocados
    flat bread with flax
    bananas - and any other fruit that's in season
    Kashi High Fiber Cereal
    Red bell peppers
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Must buys for me (many times I eat different foods from the rest of my family due to allergies):

--oat milk, or almond, soy, or hemp (I rotate through these, usually two different kinds opened in my fridge).
    --almonds
    --avocado
    --black beans (I've found an organic brand of canned that only has 15mg sodium per serving)
    --chicken breast
    --red and green peppers
    --cucumber
    --radishes
    --spinach
    --cabbage
    --tomatoes
    --old fashioned oats (sometimes I use steel cut, but the old fashioned cook faster)
    --a good cut of steak
    --carrots
    --hummus
    --assorted fruits, usually raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples, bananas.
    --soy yogurt
    --a good plant based protein mix (sometimes I use Spirutein, sometimes Life Basics)
  • SandyBeach55
    Options
    I love dried cranberries, have you found any that don't add any sugar?
  • SandyBeach55
    Options
    No 'empty' calories, if it doesn't have any nutritional value...except Jello... don't buy it.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Don't forget Green Tea!