its the little things...

Options
I typically make an abundance when I make soup, so I can fill small containers and freeze for work day lunches or freeze in larger containers for a quick meal. I also do this with my smoothies. I blend oj, frozen fruit, and bananas in large quantities and freeze in containers to eat later as a slushy or let thaw for a smoothie... I am a single mom of 3 girls and have a hectic calendar. The little things make things so much more simple. What do you do to save time during exercise or meals?

Replies

• jdm1726
    jdm1726 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I work a 4 day on/4 day off schedule, Over my 4 days off, whenever my wife and I make supper, we always try to make enough to put 4 lunches in the freezer for days on. That way it's just a quick grab out of the freezer before heading to work.
  • grandmasally13
    Options
    OK - two things - I LOVE your profile pic and thanks for the tips!
  • xlnv03y
    Options
    thanks jdm... i dont know if its healthy, but i know its healthier than the store bought ones... when i have leftovers from tacos, i use soft shells, and make burritos with fat free spicy refried beans, shredded chicken cooked with taco seasoning, wrap them up and freeze them individually for on the go lunches. theres gotta be less sodium in those than the ones you buy at the grocery store... plus i can put in them exactly what i want. i heat them up in the microwave at work and eat them with homemade pico (cilantro, onion, lime juice, and tomato)
  • xlnv03y
    Options
    OK - two things - I LOVE your profile pic and thanks for the tips!

how sweet! thank you!
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I try to do most of my food prep on the weekends. I put a whole chicken in the crockpot then pcik all the meat off the bones so I have chicken for meals all week. I cook turkey with both mexican and italian seasoning so I have turkey meat ready for meals. I hard boil eggs, make beans, chop veggies etc so all I have to do is put it together. When I make my dinner at night I try to put together my lunch at the same time Oh and I usually try to log my next day on MFP too so my plan is all set.

The chicken in the crockpot thing is a HUGE timesaver for me..
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I do big-batch-cooking .......

- large pot of soup (usually chicken-veggie)
    - slowcooker chili or stew
    - large pot of pasta or rice
    - several pans of roasted vegetables
    - roast a chicken or pork tenderloin

Then I portion it all out, some for meals during the week, some headed to the freezer ...... and when I make dinner, there's always extra for lunch the next day at work :drinker:

Have a great day !