sugar

Options
im having a hard time cutting down on my sugar intake. im always over my limit. any suggestions help! thanx!

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i am as well. look at the highest sugared regular food you eat and cut the portion in 1/2?
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds wierd but try to limit fruit. I now try and get most of my 5 a day from veggies.
  • sarah_jayne333
    Options
    yeah ive noticed that fruit has alot! lol i love fruit though.
  • sarah_jayne333
    Options
    also i think im goin to have to give the coffee creamer! :(
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    I agree with Shanerylee. Anytime I need to cut back on something (sodium, sugar, etc) I take a look at my diary and see who the biggest offenders are. If I can live without it, I do. Otherwise I cut back.
  • lighttekkie
    Options
    Hi There,

I'm an actual sugar addict. I have been having issues for years. I can reccomend some fantastic books if you private message me to check out from the library. I don't wish to appear to be advertising. I'm not the whole way there to kicking the habit but am making progress.

Good luck,

Angie
  • yolsweet
    yolsweet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have gone over a few times but not by much and not alot. You have to just reduce the foods that have a lot of sugar. Look them up before eating them and try eating half the portion like ice cream cookies. Also, buy sugar free items.
  • banana407
    banana407 Posts: 2
    Options
    Try and keep the sweets away from a place you always look. Or put a sticky note on your sugar stash saying "Dont eat me!" once you go a few days without a serving of sugar, you'll wonder why you ever ate it in the first place. :) I had the Same problem you did, but I put a note on my candy pile, and I've gone 3 weeks without a craving. :)