Looking for fitness pals who are starting the C25K program.

Options
124»

Replies

• Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    I hear you Sunny! I have my first official 5k run on the 16th and I am both excited and nervous. I run my first straight 20 minute run tomorrow. I am curious what my actual distance will be. Good luck on your run. Let us know how it goes! have a good weekend.
  • Bleux
    Options
    First 20 minute run complete! My legs are a little wobbly, but otherwise I feel great. Had to slow my pace a bit for the last 4 minutes or so, but overall I am pleased with my time. Had to go an extra 1.7 KM at the end of the cooldown to get back home, but I jogged at 5 min/KM, not bad!

W5D3-

Time: 32:01
    Distance: 5.9km
    Av/KM: 5:25min/km

I hit 5.01km at 25:58 minutes. I am just 5:58 minutes from my goal of a 20 minute 5k!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is fantastic! I still feel so slow - I couldn't run 1.55 like I wanted to yesterday; I overdid the weight training a little the night before and the DOMS got me :grumble:
  • Bleux
    Options
    W6D1 completed!!! I hate taking 2 days off in between runs. Going to try and not do that any more unless I have to.

Time: 35:02
    Distance: 6.08km
    Av/KM: 5:46 min/km

Felt good during and after. A little nervous about D3, but I am sure it won't be as bad as I think :-)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I am just so impressed with you! You are breezing right through C25K!

In other news, I found the new worst time and place to get a visit from everyone's auntie. On the treadmill. Three days before your first 5K. :grumble:
  • Bleux
    Options
    Oh no! I am sorry to hear that. It is never at the time when we want it. Mine has been visiting as well, hence the two day break but I had to push through it and felt better for it. I am sure you will do fine on Saturday at your run. Good luck. Let us know how it goes!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Just under 38 minutes!
  • Bleux
    Options
    Woo-hooo!!! Good for you girl! Keep it up