Movie suggestions for a plane ride

Options
lizziebeth1028
lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
My boyfriend and I are flying to Vegas in a couple of weeks! Our first time there, can't wait! It's about a 4 hour plane ride (and I hate flying!!). I'm looking for some fun movie suggestions to download to my iPad??? Thanks!!

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of movies you like, but my husband and I recently watched "Safety Not Guaranteed". We both really liked it.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I love watching episodes of Mayday when I fly. Weird, but it actually calms my fear of flying.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of movies you like, but my husband and I recently watched "Safety Not Guaranteed". We both really liked it.
    Cute movie. My wife and I enjoyed it too. For more action or excitement I suggest "Looper" or "Argo"
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I love watching episodes of Mayday when I fly. Weird, but it actually calms my fear of flying.

Haha I do that too!!!! I'm terrified of flying...
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Final Destination
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Alive - (1993) Frank Marshall
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Passenger 69
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "Safety not Guaranteed" is quirky,good but don't watch "Flight" while flying! "The Help", "The Words", and "Looper" are all good.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Final Destination

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well I watched Skyfall the other night and was very impressed. I love James Bond but have only semi-liked the more recent ones, but this one blew me away.

Expendables 2 and Taken 2 I also watched recently and loved. But those are kinda guy-y movies so you might not like them.

Frankenweenie was good. Prometheus is a nice long one, dunno how good for a flight that would be. I guess if flying doesnt bother you at all then the crashing bits wouldnt bother you.

Ted would be a funny one to watch. I found Snow White and the Huntsman extremely funny too but I don't think they were going for funny.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Snakes on a plane.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Snakes on A Plane
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Final Destination

I was going to suggest that :laugh: I would also suggest "The Grey" or maybe even "Airplane!"
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Alive.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like comedy, we watched 21 Jump Street on the way home from Florida. Not flying related but helped get my mind off of things: during labor with my 2nd child we watched Shaun of the Dead, during labor with my 4th we watched Hot Fuzz
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions everyone :happy: I'm looking for something not airplane themed. Comedies or chick flicks!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    How about Ted if you havent seen it?
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    The Jason Bourne series, start with the first if you haven't seen them yet...but then again you might not be an assassin movie kinda gal?