Chocolate Lover...need suggestions

I am a chocolate lover. My go to is dark chocolate candies. I like to have a piece after meals. Anyone found a low calorie but satisifing treat?

Replies

• If I can't find really good dark chocolate, one piece of Dove dark chocolate savored slowly. Their little pieces aren't really that bad. Just plan for it whatever you choose.
  • http://www.kemnitzcandies.com/

Kimnitz is my hometown candy shop. BEST DARK CHOCOLATE EVER!! All handmade, family owned business.

I usually limit myself to 1 or 2 pcs a week now. However, 20 years ago when my then girlfriend (now wife) worked there I ate a LOT!

K
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    I eat Lindt every day. half a serving, which is 2 squares.
  • candjiverson
    candjiverson Posts: 10 Member
    Im not sure if you like atkins bars... but the brownie bites are delicious! And big so they satisfy you and don't make you think you ate a 200 cal bite :) You can get a few bites in there lol.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    I second the Lindt. Just have a single square of the 90% - it's like 55 calories and will satisfy your taste much more fully than some "work around" substitution.
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the Dove Chocolates. I don't have any in the house right now on purpose. Wishful thinking there there is some 10-20 calorie dark chocolate out there.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    All are good suggestions, but once you taste the 85% dark from Green and Black (organic), you will not want anything else.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    hungrygirl.com has a frozen pb cup .........cool whip , pb, chocolate chip and soy nuts( I think that is all the ingredients) and if my memory is correct I believe its 78 calories and VERY YUMMY
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    I have a square of Ghirardelli every day. It's really not too high in calories. I think 57.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    All are good suggestions, but once you taste the 85% dark from Green and Black (organic), you will not want anything else.

Yes, awesome chocolate. :happy:
  • Green and Blacks 70% dark chocolate...You can have up to 12 squares a day as part of a healthy diet
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    for an extra specia dark chocolate treat, I made a brownie recipe, has no sugar!

2 very riped bananas (smashed well)
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix these two ingredients together very well. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients:

1/4 c. flax seed mill
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 c. cocoa powder
    1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
    dash salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Spread into 8x8 pan, Bake at 350^ for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Cut into 16 bars. 51 calories each.
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Hershey's syrup, squeezed right in the mouth. It feels so decadent, it makes it taste even better.

45cal a tablespoon (and a tablespoon is a LOT).
  • Chocolate protein bars!
  • :Brownie Sundae!!! 1 deep chocolate vitamuffin topped with 1/4C Greek yogurt, a few strawberries, and a drizzle of light Hershey chocolate syrup. You're looking at only about 160ish calories of pure yumminess :)
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Deep deep chocolate Vitatops...
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Sugar free jello pudding cups...dark choc 60 cals or sugar free fudge pops.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Dak chocolate covered Acai berries. By Brookside. Love them!
  • One ounce of Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds is usually enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    hershey's simple (simply?) pleasures are good and they're 30%less fat...but to be honest i'm too much of a chocoholic to ever give it up so if i decide to eat a hershey special dark bar, I factor it in to my daily calories. Still want to enjoy the good things!! :)
  • Get a bag of dark chocolate chips, like for baking cookies. 1 serving = 1 TBSP = 70 calories. Pop them one at a time and let them dissolve - will take a good half hour to get through them! And measure with a food scale so you get every gram allowed :wink:
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    I too love chocolate. My vote would be allow yourself the square of reeeaallly goood dark chocolate such as Green and Black and know you are putting something non-processed into your system.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    i love the ghiardelli dark chocolate squares, but my current go to has been the emerald cocoa roast almonds. the nutrition info is similar to plain almonds, but instead of being coated in salt, they are roasted with dark cocoa powder.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    for an extra specia dark chocolate treat, I made a brownie recipe, has no sugar!

2 very riped bananas (smashed well)
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix these two ingredients together very well. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients:

1/4 c. flax seed mill
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 c. cocoa powder
    1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
    dash salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Spread into 8x8 pan, Bake at 350^ for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Cut into 16 bars. 51 calories each.

Sounds delicious and only 51 Calories! Thanks, I will definitely have to try this!!!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    If I can't find really good dark chocolate, one piece of Dove dark chocolate savored slowly. Their little pieces aren't really that bad. Just plan for it whatever you choose.

Dove squares are great. 42 calories each. I break them in to 3 pieces and enjoy them slooooooowly.

Why giveup that small amount of joy?

I would give up something else before i gave up a little dark chocolate.
  • RachelD9311
    RachelD9311 Posts: 2 Member

Wow, those only have about 20 calories per piece and a good amount of iron. I will definitely try this brand next time I'm craving something rich. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Life is too short not to have good chocolate- especially since you like the dark! I keep it at home too, when I need some, I never need a lot, and I don't feel deprived. Lindt is great, so is Ghiradelli.
    Another treat I love- bowl of strawberries (or mixed berries even better.........fresh) and drizzle dark chocolate syrup over. You don't need much- its amazing!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    I say eat your small piece of dark choclate after dinner every day - but make sure you save calories for it.
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    I just discovered Atkins Endulge line of peanut butter cups--made with milk chocolate. A serving is two cups @160 calories and no sugar. The cups are only slightly smaller than the Reese's cups, and they taste better, imho.

Also love the Skinny Cow chocolate-covered wafer bars @ 100 calories/bar.
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Wow lots of great suggestions!! I'm making a shopping list and planning to try the Green and Black. Where's the best place to buy this?