wight training

Why doesn't MFP give any credit for calories burned when you do weight training? I get credited for calorie burn on my elliptical, but none for my home gym work outs.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    if you put it in as "weight training" under cardiovascular exercise it will give you a calorie count
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    I don't think Wights can be trained, maybe the lawful evil ones.

It might depend on your campaign. DM is the law so ask them
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Weight training is an anaerobic activity and therefore it is difficult to accurately measure VO2 max and thus get an accurate calorie burn estimate. I can tell you that it isn't much while you are actually doing the workout, but additional lean body mass burns more calories over the long haul while aerobic activity pretty much just burns the calories while you are doing it and shortly thereafter.

I don't log my weight training...it's probably 100-200 calories at most depending on how long...rest periods...how much of your max weight you're putting up, etc.
  • ok. Thanks. I will try that.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member

Perhaps with the right DOM outfit you can get those naughty weights to fall in line? Just askin...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member

:laugh: I was thinking similar.
  • if you put it in as "weight training" under cardiovascular exercise it will give you a calorie count

Wow! thanks for this useful info, I train hard in the gym with weights and know that they burn calories, i may go back and change what i logged in the weight section and move to the cardio for the last week just to make myself feel better!!
  • This did work. Entered strength training under cardio. Gives a calorie burn, maybe not 100% accurate, but at least something.