Why am I not loosing weight? :(

Options
13»

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Look different things work for different people and everyone swears that their way is the only way. Try increasing to maybe 1400, Thats what I am on, I don't eat all my cal back either and I gym 5 days a week 30-60 minutes. If i am hungry i eat extra back. and I am losing a steady pace.
    in my OPINION, change it up, see what works for you, maybe add some extra exercise.

Goods Luck sweetpea
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    what's "big boned" mean?
  • lucindat12
    Options
    As for the big bone thing - i have a wider frame or whatever go call it, go easy on me im only just starting out...
    changed my goals.
    calories burned from normal daily activity = 2290/day
    net calories consumed/day = 1500
    daily calorie deficit = 790 cals
    projected weight loss = 1.6lb/ a week

is this better or shall i up my cals? i am doing ripped in 30 by jillian michaels.(not every day) and walking that is all the exercise i do.

I have upped my eating :-) thank you guys
  • lucindat12
    Options
    what's "big boned" mean?

Nothing. I have learnt there is no such thing. Apparently it's an excuse instead of calling yourself fat LOL
  • joss99
    joss99 Posts: 11
    Options
    Another thing to do would be to take your measurements. Chest, waist and hips.. (more if you like, but those are good basics ) Sometimes you won't see the numbers going down on the scale, but you might be losing inches... can be a good motivator as well :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 5 foot 8 inches and 192pounds. I'm big boned too.

Nobody is big boned at all. That's just an excuse people use.
  • lucindat12
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 5 foot 8 inches and 192pounds. I'm big boned too.

Nobody is big boned at all. That's just an excuse people use.

Yes if you read the posts we have already established that!!!!!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Lets add some perspective.. your estimated BMR is around 1725. Lets say you are sedentary and don't work out. Additionally with 30 lbs to lose, 1 lb per week is ideal. Any more is too aggressive.

So your TDEE = 1725 * 1.2 = 2070
    caloric needs = 2070 - 500 = 1570

I would at a minimum aim to eat 1570 or 1600 calories a day. If you go for a walk, eat another 100-200. If you start serious exercise then you will up it accordingly. Also, to ensure you get adequate protein, I would adjust your macro nutrients to around 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats. If you want to drop a little water weight or feel carbs bloat you, decrease carbs 10% and increase fats.

Totally agree - make your calories 1600 - and then mke sure you eat 50% of your exercise calories as well....

I am 5'9 and eat between 1900 and 2200 calories a day - I do exercise quite a bit.....and are losing slowly but steadily...all on all 110lbs....

Just on the big boned thing - I had a DEXA scan done a few months ago - the surprising bit of information - my BMC (dry bone) only weighs 3.52 kg (7.7lbs) at that stage I weighed 220lbs - and only 7.7lbs are my bones....
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    *sigh* really, why are people so hung up on the big boned thing??? Jesus...

Your bones might be longer than mine are. Your frame might be wider than mine is. That translates to different body shapes, different heights, but has no bearing on body fat. If you're fat, you're fat regardless of "bone type". If you're thin/lean, then you're thin/lean regardless of bone type.

When I brought it up initially, my point was to not use the notion of being big boned as an excuse for being fat. You may never have a supermodel's figure, but there's no reason you can't be strong and lean.

Too many people say, "I'm big boned, so I'll never be as lean or thin as some of you." That's a bull**** excuse. You may have different measurements or your body proportions may be different, but fat is fat and muscle is muscle.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Big boned, fat, or whatever, you have amazing hair!
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    nothing
  • lucindat12
    Options
    Big boned, fat, or whatever, you have amazing hair!

thank you :)