Sickness = Danger Zone!!

Options
I think I could use some words of wisdom, advice or encouragement today.

It's day 5 of feeling sick to my stomach. I worked out twice in the beginning and I was really pushing it. I am managing to keep my calories and cravings low, because of a low appetite, but I'm not getting many fluids either. I feel really sluggish and bloated. I'm feeling better, but still get winded often.

I guess it's fair to say I'm sick, right? : P

The reason I say all this is because this is when my "wheels" start turning . . I haven't lost any weight, exercised, or eaten very well in a while. I start feeling excuses creeping up. Many times I don't make it back. What can I do to stay in the game? Something small each day? Set a goal? Am I doing the right thing?

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I think setting goals for each day is a good thing to do! Also, try and get some sort of fluids into ya..don't want to get dehydrated! Everyone has times like this.. don't get discouraged!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Dehydration can do a nasty number on you, so do be careful... For me, I love to make dilluted soups. I enjoy Trader Joe's Butternut Squash soup in a box. I dillute it to double quanitity and it still has a good flavor. I add veggies of choice to it, and I count it toward my liquids for the day. I'm not a water drinker, so I make low cal drinks and dilluted soups.
    It's good to have a goal, but be sure it's a healthy one. Hoping you'll soon be feeling better.:smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I think I could use some words of wisdom, advice or encouragement today.

It's day 5 of feeling sick to my stomach. I worked out twice in the beginning and I was really pushing it. I am managing to keep my calories and cravings low, because of a low appetite, but I'm not getting many fluids either. I feel really sluggish and bloated. I'm feeling better, but still get winded often.

I guess it's fair to say I'm sick, right? : P

The reason I say all this is because this is when my "wheels" start turning . . I haven't lost any weight, exercised, or eaten very well in a while. I start feeling excuses creeping up. Many times I don't make it back. What can I do to stay in the game? Something small each day? Set a goal? Am I doing the right thing?
    Hi, first off I'm so sorry you're not feeling well Hon! Next I'll add your body should be resting as much as possible, working out with an illness is really not recommended, your body needs all the energy it can get to heal it up and get strong again. Definitely try very hard to get in fluid, plenty of water and if you drink juices, perhaps mix them 1/2 juice/1/2 water. Eat light crackers or something that way. I'm not sure in which way you're sick, sounds like you're just plain feeling crummy, so under the covers, hopefully you've got someone you can call or someone in the house that can fix you some healthy choice soup or some type of low sodium broth, some crackers, have water handy, and just try and sleep it off.

Really that is the very best way to get your strength back, trying to work out when your body is weak and trying to heal doesn't work, our body needs down time. Working out takes alot out of our body and when sick we simply don't have what it needs.

Be good to yourself,
    Becca:flowerforyou: