I am new here

Options
Hi there -

I have been using myfitnesspal for about 5 weeks and have lost about 10 pounds. This past week was very discouraging though - stayed flat or actually gained 0.5 a lb. All while diligently following the plan (approx. 2,000 calories a day - not significantly under or over).

This leads me to believe that we probably have to experiment - some people need to go beyond just calorie restriction and actually focus on the types of foods eaten - low carb vs. low fat, etc. I think we each have our own body chemistry with regard to food. I am not saying that ultimately it does not come down to calorie restriction, but that the food itself that you eat is vital also.

Of course, this could be just a temporary blip (for whatever reason) along the path of weight loss. In other words the path along the goal is not linear, but filled with two steps forward one step back, etc.

Anyone have any similar stories?

Replies

• emilymorene
    emilymorene Posts: 56
    Options
    The week of no change is normal. Lots of people here have experienced it. There are many different reason why this might be, sodium, water weight ect. You can play around with your diet to see what works for you. I have read on here a couple of times about eating 1300 calories one day, the next eating 1400 and the next 1500 before going back to what you usually eat. Just hang in there! Great job on loosing your 10lbs!
  • dave21286
    dave21286 Posts: 9
    Options
    The week of no change is normal. Lots of people here have experienced it. There are many different reason why this might be, sodium, water weight ect. You can play around with your diet to see what works for you. I have read on here a couple of times about eating 1300 calories one day, the next eating 1400 and the next 1500 before going back to what you usually eat. Just hang in there! Great job on loosing your 10lbs!

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.