New member-- looking for ADVICE :)

Options
Hey! So I'm determined to lose some weight and I am more than willing to hear any diet plans/exercieses that have worked for people. What are some good starting points? I lost 20 lbs since June, and gained 15 of it back after the Holidays (talk about depressing) BUT I'm sick of being negative and I'm ready to get back on the healthy wagon and lose even more weight than before.

Replies

• amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've found this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

to be the most helpful thing since I re-committed to a healthy lifestyle in January/13. Good luck with it and if you would like to, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to join a gym or exercise at home. cardio or strength?

My reason for asking is that it's different for everyone.
  • yves_lydia
    Options
    I found the holidays to be tough on my health goals too but I'm back on board and that's why I joined mfp. As per diet plans, I am just cutting A LOT of my sugar intake, and trying to be veggie centric (not quite a vegetarian but getting close I guess). This is not a diet though, it's a lifestyle. I realize that vegetarianism is not for everyone but EVERYONE can benefit from having more veggies and especially more greens (the darker the better. I hope that helps! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal and Couch25K. Best.app.EVER. I am a person that HATES running and actually refused to for a long time until I found out about the app. I've actually been running and can actually run 5K without passing out. It's good for your cardio. I also love You Tube for videos on working out. Denise Austin, Laura London, and others are great. Just browse there and you'll find plenty. I also drink a lot of water. Because of this, I go to the bathroom often. After using the bathroom, I do 20 squats with a leg lift. Also, if you work, take a walk at lunch time. Mines is usually about 20 minutes at the most. The pounds will just fall off (again). Stay positive. I am.
  • yves_lydia
    Options
    Thanks for this link!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    1) Do everything you can to not focus on your weight on a scale but on living a more healthy, active life. Don't weigh yourself more than once a month.

2) Eat less animal protein, eat more vegetable proteins. You don't have to become a hippy sprout eating vegan (though some people do go vegan and it works for them), but gradually moving in that direction can make a big difference. Make meat and dairy the side dish or condiment. Make fruits, vegetables, and whole grains the main dish.

3) Eat less processed food, eat more fresh, whole, home cooked food.

4) Become an athlete. Find a sport you love and train hard to get better at it for the rest of your life. Running, body building, tennis, whatever. You'll find yourself eating healthy to improve your performance, you'll look forward to every workout.

Best wishes.