Lost 20 lbs but now...

Options
Lost 20lbs but now i keep track of my calories on here and i gained 2 lbs.... look at my food diary and tell me why..

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Lost 20lbs but now i keep track of my calories on here and i gained 2 lbs.... look at my food diary and tell me why..

Well, you aren't eating very many calories. When did you start tracking here? Were you eating more or less before you started tracking?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I just looked at 3 days worth but you are not eating all ur calories.
    That may be your problem. Also I eat a lot more fruits and veggies but I don't know if that's it.
  • dallasfan31494
    Options
    I was eating like 800 when i lost the 20 lbs then upped it to 1100-1200 i try to get as much in but that was just this week and i gained 2 lbs
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat more too. It might take some time for your body to get in the groove but once you do, it's very easy to stick with eating more and the weight WILL come off :)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i don't think you are eating enough eggs....

j/k :p

I would def include more veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, greens, etc are all low cal, filling, and keep things a moving.

I also don't know if you drink water and just don't log it or not. drink lots of water, esp since it looks like you are doing a high protein diet. you may just be retaining water due to sodium or something.

just give it time. more weight will come off :)
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You aren't logging any water and you are not eating enough. Why is your goal around 1800 but you are only eating 11-1200? I can't see how you lost 20lbs eating only 800. Your body is starving.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was eating like 800 when i lost the 20 lbs then upped it to 1100-1200 i try to get as much in but that was just this week and i gained 2 lbs

Depending on how long you ate at 800 calories per day, you could have lowered your metabolism. When you up your calories you likely will gain weight at first, but give it time and you should start losing again as your metabolism adjusts. Hang in there!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You are consistently eating low calories but not including a good balance of carb/fat/protein that your body needs to lose weight and function.

My best suggestion is to figure out your BMI & TDEE(minus 10-20%) and eat within those two ranges. When calculating those values make sure to include your regular activities that way any calories you burn as extra (or non-regular activity) can be eaten back. You can also calculate as sedentry and eat back anything you burn. Also a good macro to edit in your goals is 40% Carb, 30% Fat & 30% Protein.

By not eating enough your body will start to store energy (aka. fat deposits) so that if you run out of energy from consumption in the day it starts to try living off fat (and this would negatively effect you health wise). This may be a reason that you are gaining weight. Also watch your water consumption and soduim consumption, 8-10 cups of water is recommended per day and having at minimum 500mg to a maximum of 2300mg of sodium a day. Overconsumption of sodium without enough water can lead to water weight, same goes with exercising and not replenishing water afterwards, it can also lead to water weight (also known as water retention).

I'm not a dietician or nutritionist in any way, but my advice or opinion does have a great deal of truth to it and can be helpful to you.
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being repetitive, you are not eating nearly enough calories
  • dallasfan31494
    Options
    I drink plenty of water like 5 water bottles a day i just dont track it but can you guys give me some foods to add to my diet
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You consistently aren't eating enough calories. Doing this will slow your metabolism down. Figure out your TDEE and cut it by 20%. Your body needs fuel.