chette78 Posts: 82 Member
I need a healthy Pasta Recipe?

Replies

• AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my go to equation for healthy pasta is:
    in a pot cook any whole grain/vegetable based pasta
    in skillet cook up & season (w/ your fav herbs) some veggies (bell peppers, tomatos, onion, mushrooms, spinach, whatever you like i guess) in EVOO & garlic
    then combined the two. toss w/ some EVOO and parm (or if you want some gooey cheese: some moz)
    and boom! you've got a meal. easy and low cal.
  • benflando
    Options
    SHIRITAKI NOODLES WITH LOW CARB PASTA SAUCE!
  • purplenewYork1989
    Options
    70gram of wholemeal pasta, any kind! Tin of tomatoes in water (no added sugar) loads of veg any that you like! cook the pasta, and wok all the veg, add the tomatoes, drain the pasta and put it all on a plate (add meat if you want) then top with a couple of mini babybel lights, pop it into the oven to melt the cheese and hey presto!
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes
    Skinnytaste.com<--WEBSITE FOR DIRECTIONS.
    Servings: 4 • Size: divide in 4 equal servings • Old Points: 5 • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 254.4 • Fat: 5.7 g • Protein: 7.4 g • Carb: 51.0 g • Fiber: 7.8 g • Sugar: 2.6
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Just fill it out with lots more veggies than pasta and watch the sodium in your sauce. Done
  • ButterButtLou
    Options
    I am not crazy about the texture of the shiratake noodles. How do you prepare them to keep them from feeling like rubber in your mouth? The texture is bad but the calories are good!
  • jennylppp
    Options
    get spaghetti squash! its delicious and will work for any type of sauce you want to use
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    get spaghetti squash! its delicious and will work for any type of sauce you want to use

THISS!

Put it in the microwave for about 5 minutes (it'll make cutting into it easier), preheat your oven to 375, cut squash in half "hot dog style," scoop out the seeds and slime, lightly rub with olive oil, basil, garlic power, put cut side down on a cookie sheet, and cook for 30 - 40 minutes or until the skin is easily punctured.

You just need to let it cool for a bit before you scrape out the insides! It comes out like noodles, and is crazy good.

I had it for dinner last night. I cooked up mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, zucchini and a bit of turkey sausage to mix into the sauce.