Need motivation and Friends!

Options
CinthiaF
CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
To help me get at least a 30 minute to an hour walk in everyday. I have got really lazy sense i play my Wii a lot sometimes not at all. I really want o burn some calories. I well be getting a calorie counter tomorrow or in a few days. If there is anyone in my area that can help me get to walking more everyone i would love it. Plus i really don't have any friends in real life only online and yes i that those are real friends but i really don't get out the house much because if it and well i have gain an 1 1/2 inches on my hips from staying at home so much and sitting after i eat for to long after i eat. I want to get into an active life not still in one that is slowly starting back to a lazy one.

Thank you for Reading

Cinthia

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Do you have the wii fitness? That would be a good one. I don't live close but can give you support.
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Do you have the wii fitness? That would be a good one. I don't live close but can give you support.

No i don't have that yet but might be getting it soon
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    You need to get busy walking is the best thing for you and is its free, you can do it any time you have 1/2 hour, when you make walking part of you life, will be come automatic and you won't have to think about it, this is part of getting healthy, that should be your goal and journey. Put the WII down and get moving, you will be rewarded. I will be your friend. Love to keep you on track.
    Have a great Sunday, go out there and work those legs. Gigi
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    You need to get busy walking is the best thing for you and is its free, you can do it any time you have 1/2 hour, when you make walking part of you life, will be come automatic and you won't have to think about it, this is part of getting healthy, that should be your goal and journey. Put the WII down and get moving, you will be rewarded. I will be your friend. Love to keep you on track.
    Have a great Sunday, go out there and work those legs. Gigi
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1. Get the Wii Fitness (not might get it... GET IT!!!)
    2. Go to the park or high school and just WALK!! It's no fun alone, I understand that, but there are a lot off ppl who go to the park or walk the high school track who are alone and would like to have someone to walk with. You'll be getting out, getting fresh air, getting exercise and hopefully you can meet some ppl. When I pick up my sons, I see all sorts of ppl walking and running around the track.... so get busy girl.
    3. Don't let this be your "excuse" for slowing down or stopping... when it comes down to it
    You have to do this for YOU!!!
    4. Do what you just did... when you feel discouraged... let us know.
    We'll kick your butt to get you moving again lol... It's a hard journey, and even if you do have to do it alone, it IS worth it!!!
    5. Even if you don't believe in yourself, we believe in you... You CAN do this!!!

~Ang:flowerforyou:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    You can do this! Just get up & get out! Don't sit on the couch anymore, like Gigi said, get outside and start using those legs. Start slow and set mini-goals for yourself. Going to the high school track is a great idea too, I think I'll go there today too, just to change up my routine. Using the Wii is good, but use it on rainy days, when you can't get outside.

You can add me as a friend for motivation & support if you'd like.

:flowerforyou:
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    And, if you're our walking on the roads or on the track at approximately the same time of day, every day, you'll gradually get to know others who share your route and over time make friends who you can perhaps walk with or exercise with. As Woody Allen said, 90% of life is showing up!