Fitbit?

Options
I'm considering getting a fitbit and I'm wanting some feedback from people use it. Is it pretty accurate? Likes/dislikes?

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit for 9 months now. I had the Ultra up until a few weeks ago ( it cracked and the company sent me a One to replace it).

it has been quite accurate for me step wise. I like that I the adjustment is different every day --if I am super busy I get a bigger adjustment. I haven't logged my exercise in MONTHS because the adjustment covers it.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I love how easily it syncs with MFP and makes the calorie adjustments based on my normal level of activity daily.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a month and it's been pretty accurate thus far...
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've had a fitbit since soon after the company started (about 3 years ago). I love it and couldn't imagine not having it. I joined MFP after having fitbit for awhile so I don't really know MFP without my fitbit. I think it's great because I don't have to log things into MFP - fitbit just syncs and MFP adjusts.
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and their Aria scale. It is a total turnkey operation. I just log into my phone and it tells me how much to eat. The only exercise I enter is when I am doing cardio that does not work for a FitBit like cycling, etc. It is a good motivator to take the stairs that extra time so you break the 10 floor marker and get your badge.
  • kieranjlee
    Options
    I'm pretty impressed. Was surprised with just how well it tracks with MFP's guesstimates for squash so now I just go with the Fitbit calc. Pretty much the only exercise I put in separately is my SCUBA diving and by putting in the times MFP adjusts accordingly.

The only thing I found myself doing after the first week or so was changing my activity level in the MFP profile from sedentary to active so that I can plan my meals better at the beginning of the day (I have a fairly aggressive target) rather than just discovering it was okay to have a big dinner after smaller meals earlier on. All it means is that I have to do more serious exercise to get credit calories as opposed to getting lots of credit just for walking around when I was set to sedentary. This will obviously depend on your age, size and how many steps you do per day (I seem to do a minimum of 6000).

I also found my trial of Fitbit's premium service after one week of use gave me some interesting insights (one thing that led me to change my activity profile after finding out I was a lot more active than I'd given myself credit for relative to Joe Blow) but I'm not sure I'm prepared to splurge $60 for it though.

Next step will be the Fitbit Aria after my wife has our second baby and we can work on our weight loss together (Aria is not recommended for us with pregnant women because of the technology used to calculate body fat %)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy one tomorrow, I can't wait. I've been wanting one for a long time & just found out they sell them at the Apple store.