Exercise at Home

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's body Revolution which is a mix of strength and cardio - so far i love it!

I've done Insanity which is a great cardio with great burns.

JM's 30 Day shred
    Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core
    Billy Plank's Tae bo workouts are hard and get a good burn, I have the abs one and my stomach hurt for 2 days after I did it!!!
    I just bought David Haye's box & Tone, has the warm up, warm down (as he calls it) and a mix of different workouts, the circuit one gets you sweating!

I'm currently contemplating RebAbs (Beachbody) it's on special too. Looks fantastic and pretty hard core - although they do show the modified version too.

Good luck. x
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I do tabata, pyramids, kettle bells (they get your blood pumping) and use an interval timer. Check out greatist.com they have some great tips
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Do you have cable? Use On Demand. Tons of FREE workouts. Ranging from all different categories, different lengths and intensity levels.

On Demand>Sports & Fitness>Fitness Workouts
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I'd check out body rock...is free and they are great workouts also pinterest has tons of premade workouts under health and beauty.
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com and on YouTube. They have a great selection of workouts. Cardio, strength, hiit and many more-all free!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I love to Zumba at home or wii fit.. I have an exercise ball and use that all for ab and butt workouts after Zumba.. still learning more ball workout..
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I DO...I DO A 15-25 MINUTE WORKOUT IN THE MORNING....AFTER WORK I DO A 30 MINUTE WORKOUT....INSANITY, TURBO FIRE OR P90X..
  • lazymochabear
    Options
    I love my WII Fit. Makes exercise more like a game. I don't want to stop!

I love my Wii Fit too! There's also resources like http://www.wiifitroutine.com/ so that you can pick what you want to do, and it allocates for stretching, warm-ups, and cool-downs. And I've seen weight loss when I was using it as my sole source of exercise, because some of them are hard to do/intense!

But if you don't have one, there's always the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, P90X, and Netflix has a few work-out videos too.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com and on YouTube. They have a great selection of workouts. Cardio, strength, hiit and many more-all free!

Fitnessblender are great for free workouts.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of DVD's. I have Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Insanity, Brazillian Butt workout. Kickboxing. I love doing all of them.
  • assmanfrom1973
    assmanfrom1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fitness Games, XBox Dance Games and of course, there is always sex.

When I got married I was excited to quit the gym. I had always had a membership at the gym ($30-40 a month) and the wife wanted to join too. $70 a month times 2 seemed too expensive so we dropped a little over $1000 on a free-weight station with Olympic bars and pulleys.

Since then, the wife has only worked out about a dozen times so money spent on a gym membership would have been a waste. Atleast its always there if she wants to start. She doesn't really need to, dieting keeps her body in check. Every year or two we add to our equipment so I have more bars, plates, picked up some great powerblock dumbells (highly highly recommended), skipping ropes, steps etc. and the last big purchase was a recumbent Lifecycle from our local YMCA.

We occasionally use the Wii exercise games but I really enjoy playing Guitar Hero while riding the exercise bike.

The only thing I really miss about the gym is the scenery and occasionally the environment, needless to say the annoying gym loud talking gym rats aren't missed and its nice to just wear your old grubby "at home clothes". My weight room is squeezed into the unfinished laundry room, not ideal but I can do all my lifting etc in there.

It was great to not have to pack up the kids and drive to the gym and its been 14 years now without a gym membership so the home gym thing has definitely paid for itself. Sex is still my favorite exercise and its somewhat free. If only it was as effective as heavy lifting or interval running. I try to make it last as long and as often as possible to burn as many calories etc. but then I usually get lazy after and get the munchies. Nonetheless highly highly recommended :smile:

Anyway working out at home can be great
  • sixwheelin
    Options
    I ONLY WORK OUT AT HOME - I DO AN HOUR OF Wii TENNIS (JOGGING ON THE SPOT WHEN NOT SWINGING) ha ha ha - and then between each set of 5 games on the Wii - (I bought a elliptica) and go for 3mins fast on the elliptical in between - anyway has been going well so far -- but when it slows off then I shall switch it up again
  • Dremelius
    Options
    I exercise at least three time a week at home and use Michelle Dozois Peak workouts. I have been using them for a year or more and they still can kick butt. You can order them from her website or Collage Video Magazine.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm staying with my folks for a bit so I've been using my mom's treadmill for cardio and a kettlebell dvd (KettleWorx) for core.
  • Macbobbins
    Macbobbins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for all of the ideas. I'll definitely check some of those out tonight. I saw the 30 day shred dvd on Amazon but I didn't realise it was on You Tube too. That's really helpful.
    Also, I haven't tried 'tabata' but I will look into it. It sounds like it would be a really effective way to burn fat.

Cheers guys! x
  • GG113
    GG113 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lots of nice ideas posted. Anyone familiar with The Firm workouts (firmdirect.com)? I seem to go back to it those, but haven't tried their newest one.
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My favourite BY FAR is TurboFire. The beats are awesome, the energy in the "class" is amazing, and I feel it for the rest of the day (in a good way). My husband has been wondering where his complaining, grouchy wife went, since I'm almost always in such a great mood! lol
  • kellyf_83
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity for the past 9 weeks, a great at home workout!

I do Insanity also! It's an awesome home workout.
  • northfresh
    Options
    I exercise at home on workdays, which is fun and funny because a. I have a tiiiiny studio and b. I use YouTube videos but only have my cell phone so its tiny! Lol. ExerciseTV has a lot of great videos on YouTube.