Inches lost in 2 weeks? Normal?

Options
Hey guys, so I want to lose 2 sizes at least by the beginning of August.
Since joining the gym I've lost half an inch everywhere but my thighs in two weeks. Is this good, normal or a little on the low side?

I'm currently 228lbs and 5'6

Replies

• FluroFaye
    Options
    Bump
  • FluroFaye
    Options
    Bump?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I don't think that can be answered because everybody's plan is different and everyone's body is different. When I first started, I lost a ton off my hips and thighs, but not much up top. It's very individual and nothing will change that - unfortunately. Your body lets go of fat as it sees fit. If I were you - I'd just be happy!!! Good luck with your goals!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I think it seems reasonable. If you are looking to get down two sizes, it seems like an inch a month will definitely get you there by August.
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Water weight can make a huge difference. You might not see it that drastic again...then again...you might for a while. It depends on a lot of things...what you're eating, what you're drinking, how heavy you're lifting...
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    There's no normal. Eat well, drink lots of water (and next to no wine) and keep up the exercise and it will come off.
  • texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would say that's really good for 2 weeks, I wouldn't worry about what is normal. What is normal for my body may be different for yours. I have been at this for 6 months and my body has surprised me in sooooo many ways. Keep up the good work and you will find out what is right for you :)