Work in progress... down 32lbs from picture to picture.

Options
I joined mfp after having my 4th son, I was 184 at delivery, and 158 when first logged on. I only lost 4 lbs in the beginning and then gained one back. I got discouraged and quit. About 8 months passed and I was still maintaining 155. Then one day I got on the scale and I was back up to 158... mini panic, but it's ok, it'll come off, just a fluctuation I told myself. The next time I got on the scale I was 161. Full on panic time. My son was nearly a year old, I'm done having kids and I just can't spend the rest of my life at 160+ pounds.
I jumped back on mfp and committed to getting this weight off. I felt better almost immediately, by the time the first 10 lbs came off, I was feeling a million times better. It hasn't been easy, I have weeks where I lose a pound, gain a pound, lose a pound in what seems like a torturous cycle, but it eventually breaks and the weight loss continues. I'm currently 4 lbs from goal weight and 14 from ultimate goal weight.
I was pretty upset last week from a comment made by my mother-in-law, and started searching for a before picture, which I found on my son's iPod, (since I'd never let anyone actually take a picture!!!), it was taken just about the time I decided enough was enough, the 161 lb mark. I took a quick after picture and was pretty proud to see that you can definitely see some decent progress!
I thought I'd try posting pics here ~ I love looking at the Success Stories and get tonnes of inspiration from them, hoping to inspire some others to just keep at it. I'm currently 129 lbs, 5' 4-1/2".

fa54faf3-5f86-4c13-8a4d-f6b3c7b837ff_zps3fcf4ba0.jpg

01b5da37-0026-4ead-bdc3-6fdfd252f943_zpsb09c6b25.jpg

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Awesome transformation. Way to go!!
  • leanbody4life
    leanbody4life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow nice Job you look Great !!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look so fit! Good for you!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    You've done fantastic! Good work!
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I feel amazing... that's really the best reward!!!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    I totally hear you on the "feeling better" part. It happens almost immediately and then just keeps getting better. I also troll the Success Stories posts to help keep me motivated. Congratulations on your loss, you're looking great! (does anyone else think it's weird to say congratulations on your "loss"?)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    32 lbs made an amazing difference, you look wonderful. Congrats!!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    What did your mother-in-law say? Just curious:flowerforyou: MILs do have a way about them, don't they :bigsmile:

And most importantly, you look AMAZING. :drinker:
  • ambrec
    ambrec Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job you look wonderful :)
  • ACrowsDay
    ACrowsDay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Can't imagine what she said...you look great!! :D
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goodness!! You look so fit and trim. Congrats - you really look wonderful.
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. Wat did you do in terms of diet and exercise. Im exactly the same height, with same start and goal weight. And how long did it take for you to loose all that weight. Thanks for your inspirational post.
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm in the exact same boat and weight so you are truly inspiring for me! :)
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can't imagine any negative comment being able to be made about your body, you look amazing!
  • BvilleLove
    Options
    that's incredible...keep up the good work!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's what mother-in-laws are for. It took mine a mere thirteen years to accept that I wasn't like her. It took me thirteen years to feel the love back but I do love and appreciate her for everything she does for us and the children. Long story short, the road can be rocky. Take heart. You look wonderful.
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look excellent! Don't ya just love mother-in-laws??!!
  • rasp35
    rasp35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done! An amazing transformation :-)
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! No way I can tell you had 4 kids, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!