I need to be held accountable

Options
Hi,

I am 24. I am 5'10'' and 180 lbs. My BMI is 26 and i would like to get it down a few numbers. I want to be stronger, healtheir and feel better about myself. My goal is 150lbs.

I have been using the site for about two weeks and i struggle eating the right number of calories and logging them every day regardless of my "its not a perfect day, i wont log" attitude.

I am looking for someone who is on the site EVERY DAY and would be willing to check in daily and hold me accountable for making good choices and logging my day. I am willing to do the same for you.

I dont care your age or weight, but i am really looking for someone who can stick with me on this for at least a few months.

Thanks,

Abby

Replies

• gypsytrkr
    gypsytrkr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Abby,

If you want add me... I'm 30, 5'6" and just shy of 190. I have around 50lbs to lose so I will be here a while. I'm also needing to be held accountable because I have a habit of starting off strong and then disappearing when life gets busy. My food diary is open to friends, though because of my job it's not always the healthiest! lol

~ lora
  • megallegos
    megallegos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm 5'6 and just recently down to 209 i've lost 6lbs and am hoping to continue to make a change.
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm older - but age is just a number. I'm 5'7" and looking to lose around 80 lbs. So I figure the more support/accountability the better.
  • morgan0329
    morgan0329 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm around your weight but shorter. trying to lose 53 lbs. add me:)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No one can hold you accountable truly except for you. Just do it and the results will reward you.
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    No one can hold you accountable truly except for you. Just do it and the results will reward you.

I Totally agree with you and I had come to the same results for myself, I can only change my self, no one else can do it for me!!
  • NoSharpei
    Options
    Hey Abby, Feel free to friend me. I have been here 12 months and have lost 52 lbs. I still have imperfect days.. But don't we all!! I have 33lbs to go (give or take). Logging every day is the key to success, that and having friends to cheer on.. And to have there to cheer you on also ;)
  • KimLoan325
    Options
    Hi! I found this site through a gal pal who is sticking to her program and very encouraged by the community support she receives.

I am 37, 5'4" and my goal is to shed some very unhealthy eating habits I've surrendered to in the last few months, along with 10 very stubborn pounds that I'm wearing around my midsection and hips/thighs right now.

I live in the Bay Area, so good food is everywhere and so I am asking for some cheerleaders in my section who also want to be encouraged by me! I have been very focused on professional pursuits and have put off exercise in favor of a sedentary lifestyle, which has also got to go.

Cheers!
  • ROSE_arc
    Options

I Totally agree with you and I had come to the same results for myself, I can only change my self, no one else can do it for me!!

Not asking anyone to change me. Asking for some encouragement and support in completing my food journal on a daily basis. Thanks!
  • tanyagruszecki
    Options
    Its funny cause I was just looking for someone to keep me company along this journey. I am 30 195 lbs and 5' 4".

Add me I just joined today, my goal is 150-155 at about 1 lb a week, Im in no hurry as I believe its healthier to do it slower than faster.

tanyagruszecki
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Not asking anyone to change me. Asking for some encouragement and support in completing my food journal on a daily basis. Thanks!

So add people like myself who will be honest in their support. And funny. I am d[img]amn funny. :laugh:[/img]
  • ROSE_arc
    Options

You are right. And i suspect you are funny. I am adding you now.

So add people like myself who will be honest in their support. And funny. I am d[img]amn funny. :laugh:[/img]
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I understand you totally! Support and encouragement is very important.
  • goodenough13
    Options
    I think that you're definitely on the right track. Just coming on here and attempting to log your calories is a great start. And then to reach out for support is even better! I'm 30, 5'5" and started at 267 two weeks ago. I'm down 9 pounds. You can do this!
  • smallmuscleathelete
    Options
    Abby, guess what?! I'm like you! I used to be... it's not a perfect day... scratch that... now... I don't always record my imperfect day, but this is what I'm doing:
    Like today, I was really, really bad - but instead of being frustrated with myself, I just "spring right back up": alright, I'm going to make sure I log salad and something light tomorrow, till I lost the weight that I've just gained by overeating today. :-)
    Add me if you would like to, I need someone to encourage me too... we can do this together!