Losing weight is awesome, but......

Options
pudgeylou
pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
Now that I have lost weight, and have a stricter diet, my boss and his wife don't invite me to lunch any more. Yesterday he was about to ask me to go to this awesome burger place but said nevermind because I rarely eat that stuff any more. I eat well most of the time but I can still splurge sometimes! :sad:

Any one else have some little negatives once they started losing weight or eating differently?

PS. Losing weight is still the best thng I have ever done.

Replies

• pebbs80
    pebbs80 Posts: 102
    Options
    I find my "Skinny" in laws overlook me now when they go to dinner and a movie because they think they'll have to be picky about the place they go to.

I also find that there is the reverse... I have folks that are trying to shove every sweet and backed good down my throat. they say "Oh look at this lovely {fill in the blank}, too bad you can't have it" Making me actually want it...

Right now I'm just avoiding everyone
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty about what I eat a lot again.
    That could just be my head being silly versus a con of weight loss though.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Maybe invite THEM to lunch and show them you can eat there....just maybe not quite the same things.
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    I still enjoy what ever food I want. I just either cut the portion down to a reasonable amount or I adjust what I eat the rest of the day. I have been craving general tso chicken for weeks now (I ate it every day during the lst 3 months of my pregnancy) and I had a box a couple days ago (split between lunch and dinner) and then today I had one as well, but I went to the gym earlier so I was allowed the calories and then I'll be careful about what I eat tonight. No regrets, no negatives, I love my diet and its working perfectly for me!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    yeah.
    (1) losing friendships and not understanding for like a year that it had to do with jealousy; and,

(2) confusing attention from men as being something meaningful. I guess when I was fat it *was* meaningful.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Maybe invite THEM to lunch and show them you can eat there....just maybe not quite the same things.

This!

I still go to the same places, just make different choices or have a splurge day. I guess I'm fortunate that people don't taunt me with food or change their behavior around me. It's just food people - I'm the same person, just in a smaller package. :-)
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    When I was at my lowest people started speculating that I had anorexia. They would be like "you need to eat [insert junk food here]" Like at my job they would have snacks to give the kids that were things like pizza, chips, candy. I would say "No thank you" when they offered it to me and they would say "but you have to eat". Yes I have to eat but I don't have to eat that junk. BUT at the same time if I were to splurge and eat a Reese's or something they would be like "Be careful you'll gain all your weight back!"

Basically you can't win with some people. Whatever. I don't let it bother me. It is just really misinformation on their part when it comes to the whole weight loss and healthy lifestyle thing. Like someone said before, try inviting them if it bothers you. If they make any remarks about you eating food just tell them all things in moderation. :-)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Dude, tell the boss, "Heck yeah, I'll go!" and be done with that nonsense.
  • pugsood
    pugsood Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    just tell him and her that you go to lunch for the company, not the food, and that you enjoy their company and would love to eat with them most times
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yeah, in the earliest days of my little health kick everyone around me questioned everything I put in my mouth if it was even a LITTLE bit tasty.

THAT was annoying as HELL.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Now that I have lost weight, and have a stricter diet, my boss and his wife don't invite me to lunch any more. Yesterday he was about to ask me to go to this awesome burger place but said nevermind because I rarely eat that stuff any more. I eat well most of the time but I can still splurge sometimes! :sad:

Any one else have some little negatives once they started losing weight or eating differently?

PS. Losing weight is still the best thng I have ever done.

I noticed this too. Fine with me though because I don't feel tempted as much either by being there.

I gave in today and had a REALLY good burger and fries though.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Sigh, yes, people seem to either police my food choices or tempt me into going off plan when I don't want to. Can't win...
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    some people make negative comments or go out of their way to let me know i looked better heavier... but i am happier and more confident at my current size, so i really dont care what they have to say =]