is it time to switch?

Options
I'm not sure if I should be switching to maintenance calories yet, but here's the deal:

I'm currently eating 1200 cals a day and I do eat my exercise cals too, however, I always seem to be starving.

My BMI is about 20.2 right now.

I'm 2lbs away from my happy goal (like I could deal with my weight) and 6 away from my omg, I'm sooooo happy goal.

I haven't lost weight in the last 2-3 weeks, but I haven't been religious about working out either. (I know, excuses, excuses, but I have zero time, but I do try and do Wii fit for at least 30 minutes a day if I'm not getting to the gym. I figure it's better than nothing.)

Should I be switching to maintenance cals at this point and get my butt back to the gym to kick these last few pounds? Or should I stay with the 1200 cals and feel ravenously hungry and get back to the gym?

Thanks!

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should be switching to maintenance calories yet, but here's the deal:

I'm currently eating 1200 cals a day and I do eat my exercise cals too, however, I always seem to be starving.

My BMI is about 20.2 right now.

I'm 2lbs away from my happy goal (like I could deal with my weight) and 6 away from my omg, I'm sooooo happy goal.

I haven't lost weight in the last 2-3 weeks, but I haven't been religious about working out either. (I know, excuses, excuses, but I have zero time, but I do try and do Wii fit for at least 30 minutes a day if I'm not getting to the gym. I figure it's better than nothing.)

Should I be switching to maintenance cals at this point and get my butt back to the gym to kick these last few pounds? Or should I stay with the 1200 cals and feel ravenously hungry and get back to the gym?

Thanks!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If you switch to maintenance then you will be... maintaining your current weight.
    If you really want to lose those last 2 pounds, stay at your current setting and kick *kitten*.
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    If i were you i would try to consume 1500 calories! do you eat lots of veggies? if not you should pile on the veggies cause that always fills me up and all i consume is 1300! but just try to add on 350 more calories.... or what you can do is try to add some protein powder to some of your meals, it will help you feel fuller longer

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    If i were you i would try to consume 1500 calories! do you eat lots of veggies? if not you should pile on the veggies cause that always fills me up and all i consume is 1300! but just try to add on 350 more calories.... or what you can do is try to add some protein powder to some of your meals, it will help you feel fuller longer

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I eat a ton of veggies. The only meal I don't really eat veggies with is breakfast. However, even after eating 1/3 a bag of baby carrots I'm starving like 30 minutes later.

Also, I do eat lots of lean protien with the veggies (no more red meat, only turkey and chicken and fish)

Hmm...are there any other tricks to stay fuller longer? In the whole time I've been doing this I've never felt this hungry and it's starting to get annoying.

Oh and I forgot to mention I do drink 8 glasses of water and about 4 cups of tea a day. So, I don't think I'm dehydrated?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Eat foods with higher fiber content.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would bump up your cals to 1400ish
    Good luck

Kim
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How many pounds are to set to lose each week? if you are at 2 drop it to 1. if at one drop it to .5
    if you are a .5 then maybe you could try gritting your teeth and eating ALOT of filling low cal foods
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Have you tried "zig-zagging" your calories?

Google it...and that might help.