Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes

Options
I need Low fat chicken calorie breast recipes :) We pretty much eat anything but I need new ways to serve it.

Replies

• Sarahface88
    Options
    Chicken breast marinated in salsa overnight. Its so good. Take 2 out. Add a little fat free cheese and bake in the oven at 350 for about and hour.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    One that we really like is:

Boneless skinless fresh chicken breasts, put 1 TBSP of dijon mustard on top, spread evenly over the breast, top with 2 TBSP of your favorite salsa. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes.
    Really good.
  • katelynjohnson3956
    Options
    I made some chicken taco chilli last night. I never really messure stuff but I'll try and tell you what i used.

2 large chicken breasts cooked and pulled into small pieces
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can kidney beans
    1 bonus size (large) can beans in tomato sauce
    1/2" can pasta sauce - which ever one you like
    about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of frozen corn
    1 chopped onion
    chopped hot peppers (however much you like)
    1 packet of chilli or fajita seasoning
    I also used some other spices and herbs and salt and pepper (season to taste)

It was really yummy. My husband and I have been eating sooo much chicken since I started trying to lose weight. Luckily we don't get sick of it because there are just about endless ways to cook it that are healthy and yummy. I find a good way to cook them without adding fat is a grill press. :)
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I will marinade mine in zesty italian dressing overnight. Also put 1 tsp taco seasoning on each chicken breast, then 1/4 cup salsa on each breast, cook in oven. Also put chicken breasts in a pie dish and pour a can of diced tomatoes w/ basil, garlic, and oregano put them in the oven.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe in Reader's Digest (http://www.healthychiceats.com/website/?p=3452). This looks about the same.

Basically coat chicken in hummus and bake - it looks awesome and it's supposedly crispy too!
  • dctexas65
    dctexas65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Chicken
    *Whole chicken
    *Seasonings
    *Lemons
    *Fresh Rosemary

Spray Slow Cooker with spray or use a liner
    place whole chicken (giblets removed) breast side up
    Cut lemons in half and squeeze over chicken, you can place the halves in the slow cooker and in the cavity of the chicken
    Season with Salt, Pepper, Tony's (Cachere's)
    Place fresh Rosemary inside cavity and around chicken

Cook on High 6-8 hours

This is SOO good
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thanks all:flowerforyou:
  • KatieJo_512
    KatieJo_512 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One bag boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup salsa, 1 packet taco seasoning. Put in crockpot on low all day, shred. Let cook one additional hour on low. SO good-can eat on tortillas, make a taco salad, etc.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I had a package of fat free Italian dressing in the fridge, left over from a restaurant salad. On a whim, I marinated some chicken breasts in it, and my husband grilled them. Very tasty.

I've used Tony Cachieres (sp), cumin, white pepper, black pepper and onion powder to season and grill. Just get some seasoning to flavor and grill. Indoor on the George or in a grill pan on the stove. Outdoors is great, too.
  • amandarae21
    Options
    bump.
    These are awesome ideas!
  • steffiejayne
    steffiejayne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, thanks :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CovaJoser
    Options
    1 lemon,
    1 lime,
    black pepper
    ground cumin

Put chicken breast and ingredients into a baggy or some Tupperware and let marinate for about an hour.

You can cook it any way you'd like. For grilled, I like using a skillet with some non stick spray. I always put about an 1/8 cup of water to keep the chicken moist.

Another recipe is

Paprika
    Black pepper
    Red pepper flakes
    Honey

Same steps as above.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Salad

Make a salad with any of the good veggies you like
    grill your chicken breast
    cut chicken into bite size chunks
    shake chicken breast chunks with a little bit of Frank's Red Hot
    almost no calorie ranch dressing (see below for this recipe)

The high calorie version tops with shredded cheddar cheese, french fries and regular ranch dressing

Low calorie ranch dressing

1 cup fat-free cottage cheese 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt 2 tablespoons chopped onion 1 garlic clove, minced 1 packet dry ranch mix.

In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, yogurt, onion, ranch mix and garlic; process until smooth.
  • carissa317
    Options
    I am currently obsessed with a Hawaiian Chicken Recipe I found on Pinterest.
    1 Bag Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
    1 Can Pineapple Slices or Chunks
    1 Bottle Barbeque Sauce
    You add all the ingredients together in a crockpot on low for 8 hours, or you can put in a casserole dish for 1 hour at 375.
    I put that on 1 serving of brown rice.
    The results are phenomenal and it is sooooo easy!
    I think there are about 300 calories per serving, and if you use the big bag of frozen chicken you get like 10 servings! It’s awesome!