Best Home Workout DVDs

Options
Hello there, friends!

Alright workout DVD experts...There are some days, especially with this cold weather lately, that I'd rather just workout at home instead of the gym. Does anyone have any DVDs that they *love* and would want to recommend?

I am looking for something that's not too expensive, but is enjoyable. I bought the Beach Body Hip Hop Abs DVDs a few years ago (but they were almost $100) and I really like and still use them. I also bought the Turbo Jam DVDs, but not until they were a little older and were on Amazon for like $20! Soooo....please let me know of you favorite, fun DVDs for working out at home.

Thanks for your suggestions :)
Jenny

Replies

• cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 36 of Power 90 right now and I love it so far. It's around $75 new on Amazon but there are other ways of obtaining beach body cheaper.
  • adrabner
    adrabner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser workout DVDs can be fun. All of them have Bob Harper, and he can be rather entertaining. Amazon sells them for about $10 each. Julian Michaels also has a wide selection of tapes. I purchased her yoga DVD and it was a bit harder than The Biggest Loser's "Bootcamp Yoga".

I received P90X as a gift though, and along with MyFitnessPal, I am losing weight like crazy. It's been three weeks so far and I've lost 11 pounds (not including the muscle I've gained), and I am pretty excited. Already fitting much better into clothes I had to squeeze in before. Have really enjoyed this video series and the instructor Tony Horton.

My friend has Insanity and said it was very hard if you're out of shape because it's pretty intense with very few breaks. I personally wanted to gain muscle while I worked out so I could increase my metabolism, but Insanity seems to be a ton of cardio with a little bit of body resistance training.
  • Sweet_Innocence2011
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I just finished week three. It is a 12 week program. Turbo Fire is by the same person of Turbo Jam
  • meredithpkeller
    Options
    Jillian Micheals 'Ripped in 30' is a good one. Im on day 3 tomorrow. My mom who is already tone, lost 1 pant size doing it.

I also do any video from Bob harper. They have been on sale on his website for about $3 lately (I dont know if they still are).

Zumba dance videos are GREAT to. And fun!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Then did JM's No More Trouble Zones, 30DS. Graduated to P90X Insanity, RushFit.

I also have Bob Harper's DVD's for cardio, strength and yoga

Jillian and Bob are a lot cheaper (around $10-$15 a dvd, where the others are a lot more) see if you can find used copies on amazon or wherever.
  • aprp86
    Options
    I'm on day 36 of Power 90 right now and I love it so far. It's around $75 new on Amazon but there are other ways of obtaining beach body cheaper.

I second power 90. I did it last winter and lost 25 lbs and tons of inches. The only problem is that you get bored after a while of doing the same workouts over and over. Im doing ChaLean Extreme, turbo jam, some 10 minute trainer, and Insanity (every now and then) and I love them all!!! =)

You can try something like dailyhiit.com too. They are free online workouts. They dont last more than 12 min and they will make the fat scream! lol
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There are tons of workouts on youtube - I use them quite often. You should be able to find something you like without having to buy it.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    Power 90 - Great results and each work out was less than 1 hour from start to shower

Jillian Michael's Body Revolution - 30 minutes a day and you will see results.
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i love slim in 6.. its a beachbody program as well!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme!! Best results ever! My profile pic shows my results from round 1. I'm currently finishing up round 2 in about a week! I'll PM you :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    ZCUT. $15.99

Short workouts. Super Intense. Super effective. They're on Amazon and they're also on her website at www.zuzkalight.com

I was doing them until I got an injury. :-(

ETA: When I say short I mean the longest workouts are about 15-16 minutes. And I promise you, just because that's not that long doesn't mean you won't get a SUPER hard and intense workout in. You can also see her free workouts that she uploads once a week to see the style that they are at her website and also on youtube at www.youtube.com/zuzkalight
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. When I do it consistently it makes such a difference! Even though I am not to my goal weight yet, my abs never looked better and it just makes me feel stronger overall.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred, (free on Youtube) it's really fun, and only twenty min long, so not too hard to tough out. And I'm also doing DDP's core yoga. (dowloaded online)
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. 3 week workouts. every 10th day you start the next level. 3 in total and the workouts are 25 min. I didnt buy any of them, I go on you tube and get them for free
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I love it.
  • babsmoran
    Options
    I'm doing Zumba Gold and loving it!! Bought it on HSN - great investment for around $50.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    check out this website: www.fitnessblender.com free full length workouts. I love TurboFire, and I am doing Les Mils Combat which i adore.
  • mlm821
    Options
    to read more later, going to dq :laugh:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The DVDs that came with my sandbag training kits and suspension trainers are awesome.
  • Nessa0506
    Options
    Not a DVD but zuzanalight.com and daily hit.com have GREAT home workouts and its free! Check it out :)