Binging.

Options
I have only gone over by 144 calories today, and I know it's not much, and I also know that if I had done my exercise today, I'd be fine, but I just have no oomph. I got home and wanted to get in bed, but because I ate with my family, I stayed downstairs, and ate too much. I'm scared that tomorrow will be just as bad, where has my motivation gone and how do I get it back? I've been doing well. :(

Replies

• Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I ate 500 calories around 2 am:( I feel you. I just include the binge into my calorie count for the day and try to compensate by drinking alot of water and eating clean the rest of the day. Though it will be heard since im seeing my best friends tonight, who always push food at me and they love junk food.

Perhaps remembering this feeling before you take that first bite of a binge attack might help?
  • ameliaisobel
    Options
    I just want to bring my whole pantry to my bed and not have to move ever again.
  • wolfiesmith66
    Options
    Firstly don't get too down about it. If you're anything like me comfort eating when you're down is the biggest problem.

One day over isn't that bad and the fact that you're posting on here shows that your motivation hasn't gone you just had an off day.

Be determined that you'll exercise tomorrow and you'll be fine. Everyone is allowed a day off now and then.
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wow...can't believe you seem quite upset about onnly 144 cals :/ i regularly am over by double that. try hard to see the big picture. 144cals is certainly not binging - that could simply be two pieces of fruit!! slow and steady wins the race hey...not those who attempt to stick out silly 1200cal diets and never let themselves live.
  • ameliaisobel
    Options
    It's not so much that its 144, I know, that's not much at all, but I did super well all day, then dinner time came and all my calories disappeared in the blink of an eye. But as I've just started again, I know how much a little bump affects me. I guess I'm just scared:(
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    There are support groups for those of us who binge and need support and encouragement. I've gone over more than 144 cals in one binge. It is easy to do. This journey isn't easy and there are many bumps in the road. We all feel it from time to time. I feel it many times. I think the important thing is to find ways to distract ourselves when a binge starts or before. The groups have great ideas.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/743-binge-eating-support-group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1029-emotional-eating
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Well I am recovering from a 5000 calorie aat least 'binge'.
    Please be careful bout what you define as a binge.
    It can be insulting to those who do actually have a problem with genuine binge eating.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We're working for progress, not perfection. Do you congratulate yourself as intensely on the days you stay under as you are berating yourself for going over today? It's all a balancing act. Tomorrow you'll be 144 under...call it a wash and be happy you didn't eat 1/2 bag of potato chips!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    try to just get yourself to start working out again....i've noticed that when you stop its harder to get back into the swing of things so maybe if you just start going, you'll get your momentum back.
  • ameliaisobel
    Options
    I know, I used to binge eat really badly, and I didn't mean to define this as a binge, more to say I'm scared that this is where it will lead. I used to hide food everywhere because I knew that I'd need it. Sorry it came across as me calling it a binge. It was meant to imply that I've had a knock and binging might happen if my motivation stays this low.
  • tlnm158
    tlnm158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Its ok! I used to have a binge eating disorder--and constantly deal with emotional eating. The most important thing to remember is that it is ok. Forgive yourself. Don't beat yourself up about it. The more you blame yourself, the easier it will be to get into a cycle of negativity. Negative thoughts lead to binging, and binging leads to negative thoughts. If you can, forgive yourself and realize (like everyone else has said) that this doesn't undo all your hard work, and that you are no less likely to meet your goal! You are doing great, you are beautiful, and you will reach the weight that you want to--you just have to support yourself and believe in yourself as much as everyone else believes in you!

Please reach out if you ever need to! I'm new on here, and would love to have some more "friends" :)
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have experience binging shouldnt be putting down the OP for freaking out over 144 extra calories. We all have done it. In this state, 144 calories feels like 1000. I know for me at least, it's not even the numbers that bother me but the lack of control and the disappointment. Let's try to be more supportive of each other! :)

OP, please feel free to contact me as I too have binging issues. I eat until I feel sick and continue eating. Its like Im not even in my body when it happens and dont realize what's happenned until I'm on the kitchen floor, head in my lap, with an empty jar/bag/box/etc of the binge food.

I dont know if this will help you, its helped me on a few occasions: Remember the pain that the binge has caused before you take that first bite next time!