Nike+ Question

Options
swarla
swarla Posts: 105 Member
Does anyone use Nike+ while running? I have been debating whether or not to get one, but I'm not sure. If anyone has feedback on it, please share!

And also, for those of you who use it, do you know if you absolutely need the special shoes, or can you just stick the sensor into any shoe?

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I have the Nike + and absolutely love it- best $30 I ever spent. :bigsmile:

You do NOT need the special shoe. If you google "nike plus shoe pouch" you can purchase a little pouch that you attach to the laces of any shoe- I think the pouch is like $6.
  • shawley1
    shawley1 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have the Nike+ and LOVE IT! Would never walk or run again without it! I invested in a pair of the shoes as well from the Livestrong line and have NOT been disappointed!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am sorry but what is a Nike+?

Thanks
    Mary
  • kebell21
    kebell21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a Nike+ and love it as well. I don't have the shoes or the pouch- instead I just stick it under the laces of my left shoe close to the front. They are done up tight enough to keep it snug, and I haven't had a problem yet.
  • linds2204
    linds2204 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Nike + and do like it. I calibrated mine and it seems to be a bit off, but I think it gets fairly close in giving me my distance and calories burned. I also don't like Nike shoes, but I have a clip for my shoe that I bought to stick the sensor in. It is better than spending $150 plus on a GPS watch in my opinion. :)
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You guys are REALLY making me want to buy it now! And thanks for mentioning the pouch, I had no idea they had those. I like the lace up idea, but just to be on the safe side, the pouch sounds like a good alternative to the shoe.
    I'm planning on training for a half marathon this summer, and this would be extremely helpful.

And, the Nike+ is a device is measures and records the distance and pace of a walk or run. It has a small sensor that attaches to your shoe while you run, and sends info to your iPod about your pace, miles, etc.
    Hope I explained it well enough, I'm really bad at explaining or summarizing anything in general.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have one too & LOVE it. It's so much fun to sync my iPod when I'm done. I'm a sucker for all of the online tools.
  • lyssarowan
    lyssarowan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got mine not too long ago, and I love it. I bought the sensor and a pouch from Amazon and ended up spending less than $30. I've found it to be pretty accurate for distance for me. I'm using it in combination with the C25K program (using Robert Ullrey's podcasts from iTunes) and it's been awesome.